The Duke - three cheers!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Whiskybreath, Sep 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hip hip . . . Hooray!

Hip hip . . . Hooray!

Hip hip . . . Hooray!

And one for luck

Hip hip . . . Hooray!

2. There is a man who speaks for the nation

3. Even though he does have more stretch marks than a plucked chicken up close......

............Hooorayy!!

4. Top notch man!

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Top man
    Couldn't we give him a few more honerary roles as bennifits his position

I'm thinking Head of recruits complaints dept Catterick
    Focus and diversity taining team leader the BBC
    Race relations Officer (Complaints dept) The Met

6. He's Captain General of the Royal Marines and an Admiral of the Fleet, that's a good start, surely?

7. He's some man right enough.

8. I like the guys style he talks a lot of sence that others dont have the balls to voice. He never justifies him self because he knows he is on the ball. met him a few years back and he was very personable spoke to every one of 100 ish people in my mess at the age of 82 (at the time) that isnt bad going.

Dave

9. Phil The Greek is a living legend and no mistake. He has used his considerable influence and position in the world to voice concerns that otherwise would not get heard. He talks straight, does not suffer fools gladly and evidently has zero time to spare for bullshit. I have not yet met the man and now that I am a civy I would say that my chances to do so have dropped somewhat. However, I have had the considerable honour of meeting HM The Queen and found her very funny and charming to talk to (even if my daughter did embarass me in front of the entire Regiment by telling HM "I'm not sure you are the queen because you don't have a crown on". HM replied "I only wear my crown when I am going to be on televison as it is very heavy my dear"...Ma'am, you made a 4 year old very happy indeed.)

Long live them both.

10. Met him and Her Royal Majesty here in Malta Nov 20 2007, for "glad handing" (or whatever it was called) and few words. Not for any other merit but they wanted to meet couples getting married that week of their own wedding anniversary.

He seemed to me decent enuff bloke..but dumb as box of rocks. I could deduct that within few sentences.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont think he is dumb, rather he reserves his conversation for those who can benefit from it!

12. A true gent (except when he's abusing those who need it)

Oh and 500 posts for me! Do I get a prize??

13. Top class fella! Huzzah!

14. He's probably clever enough to know the difference between "deduct" and "deduce" :roll: