The Duke of Edinburgh in hospital

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pandaplodder, Aug 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ITV News and BBC Radio 5Live are reporting that the Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary as a "precautionary measure", according to Buckingham Palace.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It's not looking good for him of late, poor chap.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I sincrely hope that when Phil the greek pegs it he comes out with the ultimate on-liner as his last words that are immortalised immediately! Will be a truly sad day when he departs us! Best of wishes!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Sadly I guessed something was amiss when Her Majesty did not make an appearance at the Olympic closing ceremony. I said to the missus here "somebody must be ill if HM's not there."

Hopefully he'll make a quick recovery.

Link: Duke Taken To Hospital As 'Precaution'
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I assumed she'd gone to Balmoral.
  6. Just seemed odd to me that she would not be there.
  7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

anyone got him in the lottery ?
  8. Oh shit they kept them both out too late at that bloody opening ceremony for the olyimpics 01.30 too late for an 86 yr old and a 91yr old, people need to start taking accoung of their ages because they won't,if required to do something they will because they are troopers not whingey *******.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. If he does throw a seven we all get a day off work.

Swings and roundabouts................
    • Like Like x 3
  10. My parents are the same they'll not change their holidays for anything.
  11. What do you mean "I have a duty as Head of State"?
  12. That's what my mother said but they always go to Yarmouth this time of year.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Your mother's the Queen?
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No, she is a poor but honest washerwoman who goes to Yarmouth every year at this time.

jarrod is the Queen of ****ing Everything.

Try to keep up, do.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I fear that it is rapidly becoming apparent that there is more than meets the eye to these repeated "precautionary measures," the man is 91 years old after all.
    • Like Like x 1