The Duke of Edinburgh, awesome as ever.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ravers, Apr 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. I'm afraid the man really is a buffoon - which I suppose is reason enough to cherish him - there are plenty of buffoons in high places pretending to be important but he just doesn't care.

3. HRH the D of E, is anything but a 'buffoon'.

HRH is a 'Top Man'.

4. Barely reportable crap.

5. He is a buffoon with a title, but thankfully no real power.

6. The Duke of Edinburgh can say whatever he likes as far as I'm concerned.
    He not only has the right to do so its quite a pleasant change from all those public figures like Brown and Obama who can talk for hours without actually saying anything at all.

7. It's hardly a gaffe at all, it's just a bit of light-hearted, good-humoured teasing. More lazy reporting.

8. It's utter carp reporting.

HRH is merely implying that with the jet lag etc, and the never ending round robin of meetings, the various people are bluring in to one.

We might remember meeting any one of those personalities, maybe even all of them. But at the level your looking at there (ie DofE and the POTUS) such meetings are hardly as earth shaking as they would appear.

Fcuk knows what is going on in the reporters head..... must be a slow news day.

9. Phil the Greek should have asked where the tax disc was on the Presidential Limmo.

10. The chap is a reassuring antithesis to the drudgery of so-called 'tolerance'.

12. You can imagine the conversation beforehand 'Blo0dy h*ll Liz, theres this damn blackie just pulled up in a big fcuk off limo, he must've nicked it, shall I call the plod?'

13. See, this is what happens when the Crusty Jugglers fail to deliver the Mother of All Riots; journo's are desperate for any old cr@p to pass off as "news". :roll:

If the Crusties had raped, burned and pillaged there way through the City today, the Duke's remarks would never have been reported. :evil:

You just can't get good rioters these days. Swampies? I sh1t 'em! :twisted:

14. That's an unfortunate consequence of inbreeding among the noble families of Europe.

15. Keyboard, typing, for the purposes of,1

You owe me Ancient Mariner! LOL!