The Drake Centre - Plymouth

What in all that is f ucking holy is that monstrosity all about?

Is this a new style of architecture called "pile of shite with a massive subsidence problem?"

Did someone saw one of the legs off of the surveyors theodolyte when they were marking the site out?

Was it built by teams shipped in from Romanian mental institutions?

Did someone fold the f ucking plans up wrong when the foundations were being laid?

Did someone advertise they were re-making Michael Jacksons "Thriller" video and advertise for 3000 extras?

They were holding a "Herald baby of the year" award upstairs and it looked like the fleet had deposited its semen into a gaggle of THE most unattractive inbreeds I've ever f ucking clapped eyes on.... and I live near Hatfield so believe me I've seen my share.

Answers on a post card as to what in christs name this has done for the reputaion of British architects.

shortfuse said:

Is this a new style of architecture called "pile of shite with a massive subsidence problem?"

Did someone saw one of the legs off of the surveyors theodolyte when they were marking the site out?

Did someone fold the f ucking plans up wrong when the foundations were being laid?

Did someone advertise they were re-making Michael Jacksons "Thriller" video and advertise for 3000 extras?

They were holding a "Herald baby of the year" award upstairs and it looked like the fleet had deposited its semen into a gaggle of THE most unattractive inbreeds I've ever f ucking clapped eyes on.... and I live near Hatfield so believe me I've seen my share.

Answers on a post card as to what in christs name this has done for the reputaion of British architects.

Markintime said:
shortfuse said:

wheres the bombed out cathedral? been nicked probably

At least its sunny in Plymouth sometimes!!

What is this, bitchy architects fu'cking weekly? Get a grip. The only items of interest in any town are: boozers, whore houses and kebab vans!

cernunnos said:
What is this, bitchy architects fu'cking weekly? Get a grip. The only items of interest in any town are: boozers, whore houses and kebab vans!

Your wish is my command

Attachments

Kebab wagen

Attachments

cernunnos said:
Well Plymouth is the place for you - plenty of those about - as well as sh1t hole estates (Devonport, Swilly) single munters (I mean mothers) and chav scum with the worse, god awful accent.

Also home to the thickest suicide bomber in the world - they probably told him to go to the capital - so he headed off to Exeter

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3994866.ece

cascabel said:
The Drake Centre looks like friggin Taj Mahal compared to this monstruosity just built in my home town

Honestly..
Post modernist Chernobyl, what do you expect if your construction crew are of Eastern European origin?

Markintime said:
shortfuse said:

it's a gigantic m!nge!

revolutionary archtecture even if it isn't going with the times, it's definitely too hairy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.jhtml?xml=/property/2007/05/27/pplymouth127.xml

This has been going on for at least two years since developers landed in the city , making it almost unrecognisable. We've caught greed disease.

Historic plaques marking heritage sites, and historic buildings, have been nicked, destroyed, and sold off by builders and thieves. The New Palace Theatre was not always a drugs den and actually was home to Chaplin at one juncture. Now, it stands neglected and rotting. Plymothians are not all booze swilling and snorting , some are actually good people who are far too polite to be either racist or outspoken. These people quietly resent the influx of developers, scallies and incomers from all over the place. Social engineers however, have tied their hands and gagged them it seems.

A large consortium is planning "a Barcelona style resort", not even mentioning social housing for the poor and homeless communities, who still after three years, have nothing to look forward to.

Yes, Drake Circus is an eyesore, no question.An Architect's ego gone mad. Even veterans are largely ignored by the public though it's a garrison city too.

Check out joe public and civic serpents, conspicuous by their absence last veterans day this year...

High rise yuppie palaces are springing up everywhere, and developers are taking away and blocking access to the walks, views and access to areas which the southwest has enjoyed until now.

The peace and quiet of Devon has all but gone, along with its identity, which seems to be denied to locals but demanded as a right, by the various groups descending on the Southwest. Identity is ingrained in any culture.

With the addition of lapdancing entertainment on the Barbican,with purple Blackpool style buildings and extortionate prices, we can say goodbye to our history and heritage as cultures and business trample all over us.

Only in Britain.

Cornwall is next.

C

cloudbuster

abrecan said:
Cornwall is next.
Given the parochial nature of the Corns, plus the militancy of Mebyon Kernow, it's unlikely, albrecan.

Apart from bits of Falmouth.

http://www.cyberheritage.co.uk/

More photos, history and Devon culture (including ,military history and photgraphs) that should satisfy and amuse all services on this site. Wortha mention and sorry to say, likely to cause hours of browsing and WebRSI disorders ;-)

Over the past couple of years, buildings have literally vanished, along with "pressgang" pubs, and landmarks.

Redevelopment and progress are things we can't halt, but at least there's this archive, and thank feck for it.

Ab

abrecan said:
High rise yuppie palaces are springing up everywhere, and developers are taking away and blocking access to the walks, views and access to areas which the southwest has enjoyed until now.

The peace and quiet of Devon has all but gone, along with its identity, which seems to be denied to locals but demanded as a right, by the various groups descending on the Southwest. Identity is ingrained in any culture.

Cornwall is next.
let us hope that the coming recession see's these yuppie palaces brought into social housing needs cos why i believe them to be eyesores decent housing is needed if the city is to regenerate with some real investment made in bring real jobs to Plymouth...

Agreed. Plymouth is an apparent "vanguard" for health, resettlement and social support, according to those in the know.

What's confusing and counterproductive is that whilst people are being enabled and rehabilitated, service users incl. ex-HMF by the way, come out of resettlement but are being offered friggin' Hostel and Night shelter accommodation or "houses" containing up to six service users or service leavers.

Incomers are getting straight into RSL's, causing housing shortages.

Time we did bring some of these new buildings into the social sector.