The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Police haven’t said that!
The Durham police have given three, somewhat conflicting, statements. Not very helpful are they?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
A SUPPOSED witness who claimed Dominic Cummings made a second trip north admitted he "modified" his statement for a "little bit of comedy value" while a retired teacher who reported the chief aide made a long-distance trip himself.
We all know Dominic is not favourite of the month and that without him Boris has no enforcer but if the Sun report is Kosha then he deserves an apology!
Comic value hopefully will find his current account emptied of a few grand for perverting the course of justice - idiot and no doubt politically motivated.
Much as I would love to see it, the wise play is to let things be and accept that the definition of victory this time round is having the anti-Cummings lobby throw everything it had at their bete noir, only to come up short and seriously damage some of their own key media assets.

Of course, between now and the next GE, I would quietly assemble a fact-based narrative to blow anyone referring to this episode clean out of the water and discredit whomsoever they're associated with, in the certain knowledge that key Remainer/Labour supporters will not be able to resist doing so despite the urgent pleadings of campaign managers and wiser heads within their respective groups.

Much as I would love to see it, the wise play is to let things be and accept that the definition of victory this time round is having the anti-Cummings lobby throw everything it had at their bete noir, only to come up short and seriously damage some of their own key media assets.

Of course, between now and the next GE, I would quietly assemble a fact-based narrative to blow anyone referring to this episode clean out of the water and discredit whomsoever they're associated with, in the certain knowledge that key Remainer/Labour supporters will not be able to resist doing so despite the urgent pleadings of campaign managers and wiser heads within their respective groups.
. . . and there you have it, F_F: the root of this has been Brexit-nothing more and nothing less.

The unreconstructed Remainers firmly believed that this was (probably) their best shot at disgracing and removing one of the main driving forces behind the Brexit movement.

But it failed. Miserably.

Truxx

LE
. . . and there you have it, F_F: the root of this has been Brexit-nothing more and nothing less.

The unreconstructed Remainers firmly believed that this was (probably) their best shot at disgracing and removing one of the main driving forces behind the Brexit movement.

But it failed. Miserably.
It has not just failed. It has utterly backfired.

Hahahaha

That is all.

And the operative words are "might have", not "did".
"Might have" being because he wasn't stopped at the time so it all becomes theoretical. He shouldn't have been there in the first place, he was ignoring rules he'd helped to draft. That's it.

daz

LE
So the child isn't autistic? Glad we have that sorted, I don't know either way but I think that anyone hiding behind their child would have brought it up. The rules covered what the family should have done, as Prof Van Tam said.

“In my opinion the rules are clear and they have always been clear. In my opinion they are for the benefit of all. In my opinion they apply to all.”

But do keep on entertaining me, trying too hard guy.
Still not what your very (ill)liberal interpretation mean

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
"Might have" being because he wasn't stopped at the time so it all becomes theoretical. He shouldn't have been there in the first place, he was ignoring rules he'd helped to draft. That's it.
You need to put FACT! at the end of that for best effect, seriously we'll agree with you then of course.

daz

LE
"Might have been" doesn't mean didn't. Red lines don't change it.

You still haven't posted a link to the relevant section of the rules that he was using as an excuse. Is there a reason for that?

Are you saying that Prof Van Tam hasn't got a Scooby as well? You know better?

“In my opinion the rules are clear and they have always been clear. In my opinion they are for the benefit of all. In my opinion they apply to all.”
Shame you don't understand and are now falsely claiming what Prof Van Tam said supports your non-argument

Up to now van Tam has been very sure footed and I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing. I wonder if we will see him at the podium again?
If, as the ST says,

To make matters worse, several aides say Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, and Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, had refused to back him up publicly. “Whitty and Vallance refused to do the presser [press conference],”

They are tied together, but is the Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson show over?

...then they're going to need someone, as much as you and others would like it to be someone supine, like yourselves, there's not guarantee that any replacement is going to be any less damning.

daz

LE
If, as the ST says,

To make matters worse, several aides say Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, and Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, had refused to back him up publicly. “Whitty and Vallance refused to do the presser [press conference],”

They are tied together, but is the Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson show over?

...then they're going to need someone, as much as you and others would like it to be someone supine, like yourselves, there's not guarantee that any replacement is going to be any less damning.
An OpEd piece is not evidence BTW

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This is the problem when a poster arrives late and and hasn't got a clue what's going on.

As was stated about fifty pages ago, all you have to do is prove these assertions. It's not much to ask but it has proved insurmountable to those who feel as you do, most recently to Brother RGJbloke, who has at least worn the Rifle Green and is therefore infinitely superior to you in every dimension that matters, Thatcherite scab though he may be.

This is the problem when a poster arrives late and and hasn't got a clue what's going on.

As was stated about fifty pages ago, all you have to do is prove these assertions. It's not much to ask but it has proved insurmountable to those who feel as you do, most recently to Brother RGJbloke, who has at least worn the Rifle Green and is therefore infinitely superior to you in every dimension that matters, Thatcherite scab though he may be.
Some time ago, I took advice from @Auld-Yin to put Muttley the moron on ignore. It was sound advice. I can only recommend it. There's no point in trying to debate with someone who has the intellectual capability of the solid stuff that collects around the neck of a bottle of HP sauce.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Some time ago, I took advice from @Auld-Yin to put Muttley the moron on ignore. It was sound advice. I can only recommend it. There's no point in trying to debate with someone who has the intellectual capability of the solid stuff that collects around the neck of a bottle of HP sauce.
You're missing some hilariously furious DGAF moments though.

But but he's one of the ARRSE PhD illuminati yer nar...

Latest Threads