The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

I just noticed lower down that tweet, yet another Labour MP got caught too, this one at least resigned.

Once again oddly missing from the BBC although they still have the Cummings might be guilty article up on the Politics page
Except of course, she hasn’t actually resigned in the normal sense of the word. She has simply resigned from her appointment as a labour whip in the commons. She remains a labour MP.

Interestingly - this too has only appeared when she was caught out by the 'meeja' rather than when it happened. Looks like April.

Also interesting is that Sir Kier having righteously said he’d have sacked Cummings had he been the prime minister hasn’t yet made any comment.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I am not going to get into an argument about what is and what isn't poor judgement in my view but unlike a number of rabids here (present company excluded of course), I am not accusing him of law breaking or wanton floutery of the guidance or anything like that.

No, none of that, I am merely accusing him of exercising poor judgement in the way he went about it. His poor judgement has to some degree compromised and embarrassed the government at a time when it really could have done without Storm Dominic making landfall on Number 10's doorstep.

I can't help but think that properly handled with perhaps the government releasing a brief statement to the media beforehand, it would have taken all the piss and wind out of the media's approach to the story. Similarly, a quick (and later reversible) resignation would have shafted the media to a large degree.
But you're a decent individual who's reasonable and believes in compromise. The people going after Cummings aren't the first and don't believe in the second. If you move halfway, they'll take the concession and make you move halfway again.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Except of course, she hasn’t actually resigned in the normal sense of the word. She has simply resigned from her appointment as a labour whip in the commons. She remains a labour MP.

Interestingly - this too has only appeared when she was caught out by the 'meeja' rather than when it happened. Looks like April.

Also interesting is that Sir Kier having righteously said he’d have sacked Cummings had he been the prime minister hasn’t uttered not a word for or against the sainted slut Rosie.
He's probably sacked her in the spirit of the sacking you see.

Going to Durham wasn't poor judgement if his kid's autistic and I look forward to watching any journalist trying to argue otherwise.

The Castle Barnard excursion is more equivocal but, while Cummings should have applied Cameron's 'Sniff Test', it's not sufficiently serious to warrant a resignation in that it did not increase the possibility of spreading infection. Had he been caught in public areas like a supermarket, he would have been bang to rights and would have almost certainly gone, rightly in my view.
Who says the child is autistic? You keep on repeating it absent of any evidence.

daz

LE
Who says the child is autistic? You keep on repeating it absent of any evidence.
Another Angry Voice, left wing crank extraordinaire on permsend

Just as a reminder, taking his child to Durham was not against the law, as stated by the Police

EZG7_TRWsAcM8xh.jpg

None of the usual suspects have turned up this morning. They must be busy drafting gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr posts about the latest news of the Labour MP, teacher hypocrit and lying witness. I can't wait their righteous fury will be a thing to behold. I mean, there's no way they won't go off on one about the Labour MP Duffield is there?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
_112567812_observer.jpg

Looks like the Observer is not letting it go

Ah,AAV !

The knob up in the North, sitting in his little room, venting his spleen and being followed by, more sycophantic,edgy knobs, all over the nation !

A bit like believing the BBC News ? :rolleyes:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
View attachment 478098

Looks like the Observer is not letting it go
I must say I was surprised at Prof van Tam yesterday with his comments about rules are there for everyone, which obviously was immediately taken up by the BBC and others as an attack in Cummings, who it has been established did not break the rules and might have bent them slightly with his eye test drive.

Up to now van Tam has been very sure footed and I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing. I wonder if we will see him at the podium again?

I must say I was surprised at Prof van Tam yesterday with his comments about rules are there for everyone, which obviously was immediately taken up by the BBC and others as an attack in Cummings, who it has been established did not break the rules and might have bent them slightly with his eye test drive.

Up to now van Tam has been very sure footed and I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing. I wonder if we will see him at the podium again?
Equally, he could well have been referring obliquely to the subjects of other revelations published today.
It could have been a clever ‘plague on all your houses’ moment.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

I would hope so, I think it would stupid not to. As for what he said, it was going to be interpreted by the press accordingly. If he hadn't said something, the headlines would have been Boris gags experts AGAIN! Only the more dense will actually believe it at this stage, the others will just use it as a stick to beat the dead horse.

849E25F6-BD32-41C0-9C6B-EEC2D1AB2F5A.jpeg

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I just noticed lower down that tweet, yet another Labour MP got caught too, this one at least resigned.

Once again oddly missing from the BBC although they still have the Cummings might be guilty article up on the Politics page
The BBC are a bit conflicted on this one, given who she was sh@gging and what he does for them:

Another Angry Voice, left wing crank extraordinaire on permsend

Just as a reminder, taking his child to Durham was not against the law, as stated by the Police

View attachment 478085
One of us is posting huge screenshots with rabid red lines on. The other isn't. There's more to come ;-)

Latest Threads