The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The various medical people who understand these things and have publicly pronounced during the various briefings.
Except when PMBJ does not allow them to speak

Agree. Indeed, it could be argued that on a human level, Cummings did what most of us would have done in that situation - it is more a risk assessment in difficult circumstances than a feckless flouting of the rules. The police effectively acknowledge this, by admitting they wouldn't have taken action against others in the same predicament.

Had this been anyone but Cummings, the media reaction would probably have been sympathetic: "....jobsworth police stop brave mum driving home to isolate with her autistic child...etc". If anything, the media have also encouraged flouting of the rules, by spinning Cumming's understandable, if challenge-able decision into a flagrant act of virtual joyriding. Done primarily in order to inflict gratuitous political damage on their own Prime Minister in a time of genuine national crisis....
I agree that the anti-Mr. Cummings echelons are overplaying the actual risk to anyone, which is probably negligible.

That's not the point.

The point is his disregard for the law, and Mr. Johnson's support for him.

I agree that the anti-Mr. Cummings echelons are overplaying the actual risk to anyone, which is probably negligible.

That's not the point.

The point is his disregard for the law, and Mr. Johnson's support for him.
If it's just a matter of the law why aren't thousands of other people up and down the land who have broken the lockdown rules, especially other well known and high profile people, being dragged through the media in such a vitriolic way?

Can you not see that he is being singled out in a way that no other person in the country is for something the police have absolutely no interest in pursuing? Can you not see the agenda behind all this or are you wilfully blind to it?

daz

LE
Which bits exactly allowed him to sidestep this?

“Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence.”

COVID-19 essential travel guidance

I'd be grateful if you or any of your fellow posters, especially the button mashing simpletons, could provide a similar hard link rather than "because." It doesn't have to say "Dom is exempt" it just needs to match his specific circumstances and not be covered by this 10:02 onwards:
This, as you well know, considering its been mentioned several times before
EYznmPzX0AMpTmT.jpg

Clearly accepted by those whose job it is to enforce the law
EZG7_TRWsAcM8xh.jpg

View attachment 477496

View attachment 477495
On Look North East (Korea) they're also added, that the police to come to that summary, had examined the CCTV and other means (one assumes mobile phone) and hence the view it was minor and no breach of crucial social distancing rules.

So the cummings narrative of spending 10-15 minutes at BC, then back in the car and home(durham) seems to stack up and makes all the silly people look almost as silly as you've made grac look.

Truxx

LE
What's that?

Gracs entering the lists* with the case for the persecution days after the spike in coverage and months after the event?

Got to have a hobby I suppose.

* entering the lists - old RN expression - being put forward or putting oneself forward for consideration for promotion, a process involving what were known as "station lists"

daz

LE
On Look North East (Korea) they're also added, that the police to come to that summary, had examined the CCTV and other means (one assumes mobile phone) and hence the view it was minor and no breach of crucial social distancing rules.

So the cummings narrative of spending 10-15 minutes at BC, then back in the car and home(durham) seems to stack up and makes all the silly people look almost as silly as you've made grac look.
The trip to Durham was not against the rules was the point, one that Grac struggles to understand - the side trip "might" have been a minor infraction, emphasis on the "might have been"

View attachment 477496

View attachment 477495
And lets be clear if the Police had caught him at BC the action taken would be to tell him to drive home. And to issue a FPN if he refused to do so or otherwise failed the attitude test...

So DC's "Crime" drive to a place drive back

effect of hypothetical Police intervention: DC drives to a place and drives back....

Yep he's a villain alright....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder how much police time and resources has been expended by Durham Police in "investigating" these events then issuing three statements (to date). These 'invedtigations' would have been undertaken by even more senior officers as it went on, checked by even more senior officers, then by the Chief Constable himself, having taken legal advice no doubt. This must have taken a large wedge of cash to produce something which the police are not going to pursue.

Still, it gave the anti Boris crowd something to hang on to.

Enter
What's that?

Gracs entering the lists* with the case for the persecution days after the spike in coverage and months after the event?

Got to have a hobby I suppose.

* entering the lists - old RN expression - being put forward or putting oneself forward for consideration for promotion, a process involving what were known as "station lists"
Even earlier
goes back to early medieval jousting,
contestants would be put forward by their valet/ steward, And thence entered the lists ( of combatants).and unless it was going to be a specific contest ( a headline act in modern parlance), the names were put into then drawn out of a hat And the lists of combat pairs posted.
sorry for drift.

I broke lockdown when I ran out of booze then wandered down to the co-op and joined a queue of other sufferers of the same crisis. Nobody searched my bag for non-essential items, but that is not surprising really as our twice-a-week pcso was probably stalking a beach down the road in Cornwall.

The trip to Durham was not against the rules was the point, one that Grac struggles to understand - the side trip "might" have been a minor infraction, emphasis on the "might have been"
Grac is a follower of the brain trust known as twitter and the 'core of the issue' has shifted that many times, its probably hard to keep current and why he seems behind the curve. Last night, my wife who likes to mock the stupidity of twitter, was highlighting the new core issue, which was when he drove to pickup his sick child and wife from hospital, was his eyesight up to scratch.

I have posted so much on this thread, because its the madness of it all which caught my interest. Personally, if cummings had broken the rules, I would have not really cared all that much, because the lockdown was only ever justifiable on the grounds of capacity building and so long as you socially distance, I think the central charge was overblown in any case.

I wonder how much police time and resources has been expended by Durham Police in "investigating" these events then issuing three statements (to date). These 'invedtigations' would have been undertaken by even more senior officers as it went on, checked by even more senior officers, then by the Chief Constable himself, having taken legal advice no doubt. This must have taken a large wedge of cash to produce something which the police are not going to pursue.

Still, it gave the anti Boris crowd something to hang on to.
I once did a behavioural psychology course related to my day job and have a fair understanding of psychology and the law of reciprocity, has an inverse darker element, where the perception is Johnson/Cummings have done many terrible things and this story was a chance to dole out some payback.

The lockdown will have created a serious mental health crisis and to an extent the theory of cummings derangement syndrome will have at the core a medical diagnosis. So the costs will have being well worth it to reduce somewhat the conspiracy theorists who were already nudging into the theory that the old dark forces were getting that evil cummings off the hook.

Latest Threads