The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Boris, truxx and Durham rozzers disagree with you. And of those the ones to take notice of are Durham rozzers.
You're wrong I'm afraid. Some anonymous thick a mince bloke on the internet has declared he is a criminal and has to be sacked. That's just the way it is I'm sorry. He's a gonner.

I for one am very pleased that Boris didn't bow to public and media pressure to sack DC.
Same here. Mind you, I'd like to think we'd stand up for our staff if someone wanted them sacked for anything other than a bloody good reason that satisfied us, not those looking to cause upset.

I Googled "Mr. Cummings did break the law."
First page
Daily Telegraph."Dominic Cummings has been a victim of persecution and did not break the law"
The Independant "He might have broken the law"
The Metro Quoting Gavin Williamson "Dominic Cummings broke no law"
So who to believe?
Well, you could look at what he himself said he did, and read the law. Then you wouldn't need to worry about media bias.

You had better call the police if it is that serious. Don’t worry that the police think it to be nothing more than a minor infraction.

Call them. You have a right to be heard.

I don't think the bobbies are the right people to ask about constitutional, political, or ethical matters.

Are you deliberately mixing two things up here?

This should get very interesting and funny as the usual suspect trip over themselves in their self imposed task of getting DC sacked*. Make sure you are well stocked up with beer and popcorn.

*Ain't gonna happen.

Popcorn doesn't really go with beer.

Crisps, nuts or pork scratchings.

I suppose the next press outrage will be
" Colonel Tom ( remember him ? ) breaks lockdown . Drives 70 miles to Westminster with family to collect " knighthood " ".
A 100 year old man has been reported to police for breaching lockdown by making an unnecessary journey to Buckingham Palace to collect a knighthood , endangering the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family , thereby threatening the very fabric of our nation and the Commonwealth .
Honorary Colonel Thomas Moore , 100 , is understood to have voted leave in the referendum . Having been in the Army in WW2 , he obviously hates foreigners and enjoys killing them , otherwise he would have volunteered for the mines as a conscientious objector instead .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For those who believe that it is only the MSM, the left and remainers who think that Cummings explanation was bollocks, here is arch-remainer and lefty Nigel Farage's view.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
For those who believe that it is only the MSM, the left and remainers who think that Cummings explanation was bollocks, here is arch-remainer and lefty Nigel Farage's view.

Still no case to answer though, but you knew that right?

If Durham Constabulary are happy with their interpretation of the law, then so am I.
Yeah, of course, they said he was in the clear. Not that it's particularly up to them, mind, for now we still sort of have courts.

Again-read the Regulations, read what Mr. Cummings said, draw your own conclusions.

Salted popcorn is fine. Don't use the sweet stuff though.

Hmmm.... well, given the number of growth rings you've got, I'll cautiously defer, but I will be sticking to Quavers or porky mcporky's scratchings myself.

Unless you are talking about pairing some abomination like Tennants? I forgot you're Scottish; all the good barley goes for whisky up there, leaving the dregs for beer.

It's not just the BBC who roll out John Ashton. I have only looked at the intro so far.

The Debate

Cummings not going? UK PM Johnson stands by embattled adviser
Issued on: 27/05/2020 - 21:33Modified: 27/05/2020 - 21:33

42m22s

OUR GUESTS
  • Anne-Elisabeth MOUTET, Journalist, The Daily Telegraph (She says on her blog:"I have become something of a rent-a-reactionary in the French media, where a “balanced” panel means three Left-wingers et moi." - French Media similar to the BBC then)
  • Dr. John ASHTON, Former Director of Public Health for the North West and consultant to the World Health Organization (Labour supporter - hates Tories)
  • Dr. Catherine HADDON, Senior Fellow, Institute for Government (Potentially impartial?)
  • John McTERNAN, Political strategist (For Tony Blair!) and commentator

The Debate - Cummings not going? UK PM Johnson stands by embattled adviser

Yeah, of course, they said he was in the clear. Not that it's particularly up to them, mind, for now we still sort of have courts.
Again-read the Regulations, read what Mr. Cummings said, draw your own conclusions.
"Not that it's particularly up to them" - Then who is it up to? If Durham police are not taking it any further, why would this trouble the courts?

Chef

LE
I am now happy that the trip to Durham has been assessed as lawful. I am also happy that the trip to BC has been assessed as unlawful, with NFA.

Not everyone out is an infraction, that is an incorrect statement. Cummings trip to BC was what we always thought it was. Not serious, but not what Cummings tried to say it was.
That seems like a fair summary. I wonder if those who want him to be sacked/resign will accept that as a decision?

"Not that it's particularly up to them" - Then who is it up to? If Durham police are not taking it any further, why would this trouble the courts?
I don't think it should go to court.

The important points are (a) did Mr. Cummings break the law? (b) did Mr. Johnson defend him erroneously? (c) has this undermined trust in the Government in general and Covid protection in particular?

It's interesting to see that The Times, which previously was wholeheartedly joining in on the witch hunt, has decided to only publish two stories about DC today. Meanwhile the Telegraph is still in full flow.

I think The Times realised the story is dead and that dwelling on it does more damage to them than to DC.
Still chasing click bait, but the battle is lost and the media are advancing in another direction........... Astonishing really, as I wouldn't have bet a quid on cummings on Tuesday morning surviving.

Latest Threads