The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

And yet no-one can articulate his specific offence?

Not even the police.

Odd doesn't even begin to cover it.

The nearest I've seen was some cloth-eyed wombat wanting him charged with breaking "the spirit of the law".
His actions were in contravention of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, which came into force on 1.00 p.m. on 26th March 2020

Clear enough?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Its not as if many minds will have changed with this revelation from Durham police. Strange that there are so many conflicting statements coming from that particular Police Force, looks like they are responding to whoever is pressurising them at that particular moment.

Strange that the PCC, in what is basically Labour territory and will probably return to Labour territory after Brexit dies down, is a Labour man. I wonder if he has been digging away at the Chief Constable - just a thought, no evidence that Wets seems to think so important. Anyway, from the PCC's bio

As a schoolteacher Ron was an active member of the National Association of Schoolmasters / Union of Women Teachers union, serving as Branch President for 18 months. Upon joining the police service he ceased all political activity due to the obvious conflict of interest, but in 2012 he was invited by the Labour Party to be the candidate for election as Police and Crime Commissioner for Durham Constabulary, and went on to win the election with 52 per cent of the vote. Ron was re-elected in 2016 with 63 per cent of the popular vote – the largest proportion for any PCC in the country.
Well seen where his loyalties lie, and I would contend the Police seem second.

The local bobbies are politically astute - minor breach, no further action and pop smoke.
It doesn’t need anything else. That’s how the majority of people would be dealt with. If stopped at the time, details taken and told to go home, if they comply, no issue.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody's making any detail-free conclusions.

Mr. Cummings very obviously broke the regulations.
No he didn't, as has been repeatedly shown - the massed media generally aren't blowing bubbles and generally failing to nail someone a week later when it's very obvious. Durham police have come out with a non-sequitur which gets them off the hook (and they won't thank you if you ask them for further explanation) and you'll find that, while the wilder fanatics (the amateurs) continue for a bit longer, the major players recognise that this has run its course - as per Starmer's statement.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
His actions were in contravention of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, which came into force on 1.00 p.m. on 26th March 2020

Clear enough?
How?

I think Cummings will be okay, he and BJ have evidence that the BC trip was okay. I’m expecting them to whip it out any moment and kill this thing dead.

No he didn't, as has been repeatedly shown - the massed media generally aren't blowing bubbles and generally failing to nail someone a week later when it's very obvious. Durham police have come out with a non-sequitur which gets them off the hook (and they won't thank you if you ask them for further explanation) and you'll find that, while the wilder fanatics (the amateurs) continue for a bit longer, the major players recognise that this has run its course - as per Starmer's statement.
No it hasn't. Quite the opposite.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Breaking news

A witness who does not wish to named claimed he has seen Dominic Cummings putting his hands in the fire.

Nightingale hospitals are being reconfigured to treat thousands of burn victims.

A security cordon has been placed at Beachy Head in case he decides to jump off a cliff.

Its not as if many minds will have changed with this revelation from Durham police. Strange that there are so many conflicting statements coming from that particular Police Force, looks like they are responding to whoever is pressurising them at that particular moment.

Strange that the PCC, in what is basically Labour territory and will probably return to Labour territory after Brexit dies down, is a Labour man. I wonder if he has been digging away at the Chief Constable - just a thought, no evidence that Wets seems to think so important. Anyway, from the PCC's bio

Well seen where his loyalties lie, and I would contend the Police seem second.

I suspe you have put your partisan blinkers on, by mistake, rater than the bifocals Nurse left on the little table next to your pill tray.

Although a lot of Mr. Cummings's enemies, and Mr. Johnson's too, are thoroughly enjoying this, the fact is that Mr. Cummings did break the law. And Mr. Johnson said he didn't, and that Mr. Cummings's behaviour was acceptable. And that is a very serious matter.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This should get very interesting and funny as the usual suspect trip over themselves in their self imposed task of getting DC sacked*. Make sure you are well stocked up with beer and popcorn.

*Ain't gonna happen.

I think Cummings will be okay, he and BJ have evidence that the BC trip was okay. I’m expecting them to whip it out any moment and kill this thing dead.
Tactically in political terms, the best time would be probably the weekend, the effective start of next weeks news cycle. Having allowed people to shout, make up imaginative alternative timelines and act like absolute fools throughout the week.

If you wanted evidence the fact that maitlis was bumped off newsnight. The BBC and kuenessberg were clearly certain and are now not at all sure of the evidence and a counter attack means its time to batten down the hatches. You can see it with the guardian leader and the word 'potentially'....

Are you saying that 60 miles with a stop off was okay, but 62 or 63 wouldn’t have been?
Are you saying that a ten minute drive for the same reason would have been ok but a 15 minute drive wouldn’t have been Inspector?

A 10 minute spin out, would have probably passed muster.
No doubt there is something in the poorly drafted legislation that was voted through without proper scrutiny or ability that has some reference to acceptable distances to drive in the circumstances put forward.

Mr. Cummings did break the law.
I Googled "Mr. Cummings did break the law."
First page
Daily Telegraph."Dominic Cummings has been a victim of persecution and did not break the law"
The Independant "He might have broken the law"
The Metro Quoting Gavin Williamson "Dominic Cummings broke no law"
So who to believe?

Latest Threads