The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I've yet to hear a coherent definition of the specific offence with which he should be charged. Also, in the event of this semi-mythical law ever being brought to light, should Mrs Cummings be charged with conspiracy?

On a related note I, for one, am grateful for the Arrse Epidemiology Investigation Branch are giving up their precious time to take up additional duties as the Arrse Law Enforcement & Legal Investigation Branch.

I just hope no planes crash any time soon, or I fear the Arrse Investigatory System may collapse.
There's no danger of collapse.

It's amazing how much ground people can cover if they assume someone's guilty straightaway and don't bother with details.

1590667273371.png

Truxx

LE
What has key worker schooling got to do with the circumstances that Cummings had?
It was an example of how there were reasonable caveats .

A few days ago I concluded that I had had better debates with gunplanks.

I apologise for that. It was said in the heat of the moment.

If any gunplanks were offended I am truly, deeply sorry.

So.. go in a car and share droplets with nobody... Use the train and share droplets with the departure station staff, platform passengers, fellow passengers, destination station staff and concourse passengers, leave infectious contact traces on any other public transport used to complete the trip...

Please tell me you don't do risk assessment for a living... :p :)
You're missing the point. I suspect deliberately.
He shouldn't have been in Durham in the first place. Somebody else introduced this strawman of how he was supposed to travel back to London. I don't really care about it.

What I care about is the fact that he deliberately, and consciously broke the regulations to have a nice day out in Barnard Castle with his family. Now we are being told by team Boris to do our civic duty and accept voluntary isolation at the same time as team Boris is performing mental gymnastics to try and justify Cummings' behaviour.

It really isn't good enough. The British public deserve better than this absolute clusterfuck.

I've yet to hear a coherent definition of the specific offence with which he should be charged. Also, in the event of this semi-mythical law ever being brought to light, should Mrs Cummings be charged with conspiracy?

The relevant law has been posted on this very thread.

You could even look it up yourself.

The local bobbies just said they think it was broken.

You. Are. Gorgeous.

His return to work involved a long car trip. He wanted to make sure he was up to doing it safely. He went for a test drive with zero interactions to make sure. What are you objecting to exactly?
What am I objecting to exactly?

The double standards involved in breaching the very clear law on the matter of making jolly trips in the car, while simultaneously being part of the team that put the law in place.

That's what I'm objecting to exactly.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
He shouldn't have been in Durham in the first place. Somebody else introduced this strawman of how he was supposed to travel back to London. I don't really care about it.

What I care about is the fact that he deliberately, and consciously broke the regulations to have a nice day out in Barnard Castle with his family. Now we are being told by team Boris to do our civic duty and accept voluntary isolation at the same time as team Boris is performing mental gymnastics to try and justify Cummings' behaviour.

It really isn't good enough. The British public deserve better than this absolute clusterfuck.
This has been covered in detail already but why do you think he shouldn't have been in Durham in the first place?

You. Are. Gorgeous.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
What am I objecting to exactly?

The double standards involved in breaching the very clear law on the matter of making jolly trips in the car, while simultaneously being part of the team that put the law in place.

That's what I'm objecting to exactly.
Fine, prove it was a jolly trip and we can all agree to dance round the bonfire while Dominic burns.

Fine, but that's your view and, in the absence of definitive guidelines, that's all it is. What makes people confident is a very individual thing. Durham police have classed it as a minor infraction and won't take further action.

For me, as I posted earlier to make it clear why I would change my mind and think Cummings culpable, it's the number of unnecessary interactions that matters because limiting the speed and spread of disease was the 'intent' of lock down. Lock down was never intended to be applied without regard to other factors, as the exemptions make clear.

On the evidence presented so far, I think Cummings's actions were reasonable and justifiable, though I agree that another mile or two might have broken the camel's back, and that nothing he did materially increased the chance of spreading infection. If someone shows otherwise, fair enough, but no-one has so far.
It’s open to everyone’s interpretation and instinct, as you have pointed out. Poor legislation, hastily produced, full of loopholes and virtually impossible to enforce.

Are you saying that 60 miles with a stop off was okay, but 62 or 63 wouldn’t have been? Or have I read that wrongly.

Yes, it is almost as bad as driving to a radio station to give an interview and stop and take pictures of a loch whilst supposedly to be in self isolation.

Fine, but that's your view and, in the absence of definitive guidelines, that's all it is. What makes people confident is a very individual thing. Durham police have classed it as a minor infraction and won't take further action.

For me, as I posted earlier to make it clear why I would change my mind and think Cummings culpable, it's the number of unnecessary interactions that matters because limiting the speed and spread of disease was the 'intent' of lock down. Lock down was never intended to be applied without regard to other factors, as the exemptions make clear.

On the evidence presented so far, I think Cummings's actions were reasonable and justifiable, though I agree that another mile or two might have broken the camel's back, and that nothing he did materially increased the chance of spreading infection. If someone shows otherwise, fair enough, but no-one has so far.
What you've demonstrated here is your own personal interpretation of the "right thing to do". It doesn't meet any of the tests in the actual law.

And herein lies the problem. If everyone starts behaving according to how they feel they can behave, then there is no way that Test and Trace is going to work.

This is where we are now. The public has been told by team Boris that they can do what the fuck they like.

On a related note I, for one, am grateful for the Arrse Epidemiology Investigation Branch are giving up their precious time to take up additional duties as the Arrse Law Enforcement & Legal Investigation Branch.

I just hope no planes crash any time soon, or I fear the Arrse Investigatory System may collapse.
Are you the third person, who thinks you can conspire to commit a summary only offence? Or did I read that wrong?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

You. Are. Gorgeous.
The local bobbies are politically astute - minor breach, no further action and pop smoke.

And yet no-one can articulate his specific offence?

Not even the police.

Odd doesn't even begin to cover it.

The nearest I've seen was some cloth-eyed wombat wanting him charged with breaking "the spirit of the law".

The local bobbies are politically astute - minor breach, no further action and pop smoke.
It's a minor breach, no further action, and the tone has been set. When someone phones you up and says you must self-isolate, you can decide for yourself whether to bother or not.

There's no danger of collapse.

It's amazing how much ground people can cover if they assume someone's guilty straightaway and don't bother with details.

View attachment 477268
You have to have a modicum of sympathy as the four judges (BBC, Sky, Guardian, Mirror), they're had proof he visited durham twice and the second visit undermined any exception(child safety) reasoning argument, for the first trip.... I find it interesting, they're held off the story until the witness came forward to say he was seen on a second visit i.e. they're knew the reason for his first visit and were twisting around to find some more clearly defined breach.

As the story blows aways, its interesting to witness a hatchet job in action, where the evidence was flaky and largely failed immediatly, due to the failure of the PM to immediatly sack him, before he could give his own defensive narrative.

Latest Threads