The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
She does feature in many of the memes because of her support for him
I don't think Kuenssberg is an ally of Cummings and I think she's too professional to become a shill. My view is that she took one look at the evidence and quickly concluded, rightly, that 'it ain't happening'.

I think we're saying the same thing. I also think that some of the better journalists are more aware of when they're being asked to drive other people's agendas at the expense of their own professionalism.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Kuenssberg but I'm inclining towards that view - which I'm sure she will appreciate and strive to vindicate....
Yes sorry, I misread you first paragraph.
Certainly in LK's case she does the driving and does not brook interference from 'management'. I'm sure she'll appreciate your inclinations.

The amount of vitriol and vein popping pixel spitting directed at her on here and elsewhere does amuse me somewhat.

That said, of course whenever a party or an ideology is criticised the instinct is to defend and assume injustice. ..and irony being here that the opposing supporters also claim injustice when criticised.

The more ardent the supporter the more blinkered they are to this fact as we are about to see.

Really!

After being ill and being unsure how far one could drive, after discussions with myself and one of my consultants, it was advised by him that it would be best if I took small steps rather than jumping in the car and driving a few hundred miles to visit my son and daughter in law. SWMBO also agreed with that decision.

But you would know better :roll:
Did your doctor tell you, that you were allowed to drive, in his medical opinion? Or did he tell you that he didn’t think you should?

Why reinforce failure? She knew there was nothing to dig for but she's the BBC and has to say something. Even the most rapacious journalist knows that bullying parents for looking after a child with a mental disability is not a winning position.

As I said, I was surprised when I read that Kuenssberg was white knighting Cummings but it does make sense in the broader picture.
But yet she never asked anything about his frankly ludicrous eyesight testing reason for driving to BC.

Strings of usually supportive Right Wing commentators like Julia Hartley Brewer, Ian Dale, Tim Montgomery and Nigel Farage are v critical of him along with a growing number of Tory politicians.

This hasn’t died and it hasn’t gone away.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes sorry, I misread you first paragraph.
Certainly in LK's case she does the driving and does not brook interference from 'management'. I'm sure she'll appreciate your inclinations.

The amount of vitriol and vein popping pixel spitting directed at her on here and elsewhere does amuse me somewhat.

That said, of course whenever a party or an ideology is criticised the instinct is to defend and assume injustice. ..and irony being here that the opposing supporters also claim injustice when criticised.

The more ardent the supporter the more blinkered they are to this fact as we are about to see.
I remember an age when opponents could discuss an issue in a civilised fashion and that such a discussion was an education for those who heard it. I think that's beyond almost all of our politicians nowadays and I also suspect that TV producers would disapprove of such a format, preferring confrontation and aggression.

Did your doctor tell you, that you were allowed to drive, in his medical opinion? Or did he tell you that he didn’t think you should?
He told me I could drive, in his medical opinion, but would have to inform DLVA via DIZ1 - as per the law otherwise up to £1000 fine - which I did.

He advised that it would be a good idea, if the DVLA said i could still drive, I should drive small distances to see how it went and slowly increase. They, DVLA, said I could drive and still have the letter from them.

All of which is common sense, the same way that Cummings did before his trip back to London.

He told me I could drive, in his medical opinion, but would have to inform DLVA via DIZ1 - as per the law otherwise up to £1000 fine - which I did.

He advised that it would be a good idea, if the DVLA said i could still drive, I should drive small distances to see how it went and slowly increase. They, DVLA, said I could drive and still have the letter from them.

All of which is common sense, the same way that Cummings did before his trip back to London.
Except Cummings did none of the admirable and obvious things that you took the time to do. He just went out and drove either 30 or 60 miles, I’m not sure which and self diagnosed on what basis I don’t know.

Surely you must see that the 2 cases are different.

Except Cummings did none of the admirable and obvious things that you took the time to do. He just went out and drove either 30 or 60 miles, I’m not sure which and self diagnosed on what basis I don’t know.

Surely you must see that the 2 cases are different.
That is the difference between us and you. we have common sense. You on the other hand, are a modern policeman who does not have any.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1590505555472.jpg

That is the difference between us and you. we have common sense. You on the other hand, are a modern policeman who does not have any.
I support the totally correct action you took and don’t agree with the route that Cummings took. I’m 53 and in no way a modern cop, ask my colleagues. I don’t subscribe to self diagnosing eye conditions on the hoof on a public road with all my family in the car. Criticise me for that if you will.

Why reinforce failure? She knew there was nothing to dig for but she's the BBC and has to say something. Even the most rapacious journalist knows that bullying parents for looking after a child with a mental disability is not a winning position.

As I said, I was surprised when I read that Kuenssberg was white knighting Cummings but it does make sense in the broader picture.
Aka arse covering for when it implodes.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1590505711280.jpg

I know Menieres is not an infection but as close as I can do
:biggrin:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Aka arse covering for when it implodes.
No-one's job's going to be at risk for having a ding at Cummings. It's just that the better journalists know when to say' this is b0llocks' and move on.

I support the totally correct action you took and don’t agree with the route that Cummings took. I’m 53 and in no way a modern cop, ask my colleagues. I don’t subscribe to self diagnosing eye conditions on the hoof on a public road with all my family in the car. Criticise me for that if you will.
I agree with that. As an arse covering excuse to justify their trip to Barnard Castle, it is right up there with ‘the cheques in the post’. I’m a Tory supporter, but watching Boris, Cummings and then Gove trying to justify this has been excruciating to listen to. They are taking us for fools. We would love to see our grandchildren again and they are only 5 miles away, but we are following the Government guidelines. The fact Cummings is still in post is a massive own goal in my humble opinion.

Ma
Mate you are showing signs of being a straw man, well it’s expected from your lot. RMP. Who is the former RMP that used to post on here, Whets?

I agree with that. As an arse covering excuse to justify their trip to Barnard Castle, it is right up there with ‘the cheques in the post’. I’m a Tory supporter, but watching Boris, Cummings and then Gove trying to justify this has been excruciating to listen to. They are taking us for fools. We would love to see our grandchildren again and they are only 5 miles away, but we are following the Government guidelines. The fact Cummings is still in post is a massive own goal in my humble opinion.
You can see them as long as you keep social distance.

You can see them as long as you keep social distance.
I thought you were only allowed to ‘see’ one person from outside your own household? Also, they are 5 and 3 and very unlikely to understand or follow social distancing - it would be very upsetting for us all if we had to keep them 2 metres away. FaceTime is a poor substitute, sadly.

Latest Threads