The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

I can!

For people like them it’s the nature of the beast. The blend of politics that each one does is almost, but not quite, incidental to what they do!
And...

I doubt many would disagree with the description of DC as an arrogant prick, even Dominic himself!

Doesn't make this any less of a witch hunt.
You’re right AY, I still think he is a positive in the government, but this action is beyond the pale. He will be a long term loss to Team Boris. The prick.

homeworker

War Hero
How awful for you.

Still the fact that neither Mr Cummings nor his family were charged with anything illegal should help you realise we're all in this together.
He probably had a cabinet office ID card or similar that gives privileges to some political figures. Either way his attitude stinks.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
A fabulously rich and influential person flouts the laws and gets away with it.
Why isn't this front page news?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You’re right AY, I still think he is a positive in the government, but this action is beyond the pale. He will be a long term loss to Team Boris. The prick.
He might be ceremonially sacked, although I doubt it. But if so he won't be going far methinks.

Strangely, if appropriately, 'slimeball' has become Word of the day. I entirely agree that Cummings, Campbell, Milne and their like are the puke in the bottom of the pint glass, but it seems that modern politicians are unable to fully carry out their functions without them; this is disturbing for a number of reasons. Politicians have civil servants to promulgate their decisions; spads should not have any role in that process, but they do. Politicians should have the intellect, principle and belief in their political direction to carry their arguments in a debating chamber, but they seem now to need more direction from spads than from their party or cabinet colleagues. Spads cost money, and I'm paying. Spads are unelected, but I'm paying. Spads can hide behind politicians, and are unaccountable, if vulnerable, and I'm paying.

Perhaps the time has come again for Triumvirates.

Strangely, if appropriately, 'slimeball' has become Word of the day. I entirely agree that Cummings, Campbell, Milne and their like are the puke in the bottom of the pint glass, but it seems that modern politicians are unable to fully carry out their functions without them; this is disturbing for a number of reasons. Politicians have civil servants to promulgate their decisions; spads should not have any role in that process, but they do. Politicians should have the intellect, principle and belief in their political direction to carry their arguments in a debating chamber, but they seem now to need more direction from spads than from their party or cabinet colleagues. Spads cost money, and I'm paying. Spads are unelected, but I'm paying. Spads can hide behind politicians, and are unaccountable, if vulnerable, and I'm paying.

Perhaps the time has come again for Triumvirates.
be quicker with the 21st century version of a NKVD troika

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Dominic cummings? I despise the arrogant prick. I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone on ARRSE feels the need to defend this smug, self-centered cunt. Maybe someone could explain his positive attributes?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dominic cummings? I despise the arrogant prick. I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone on ARRSE feels the need to defend this smug, self-centered ****. Maybe someone could explain his positive attributes?
He fux Labour!

Dominic cummings? I despise the arrogant prick. I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone on ARRSE feels the need to defend this smug, self-centered ****. Maybe someone could explain his positive attributes?
He's probably everything you and the Leftist* Press say he is, but he is effective. I loathe the brute, but I loathe the role he has in the system, rather than the man.

*Edited for spectrum.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
He's probably everything you and the Leftist* Press say he is, but he is effective. I loathe the brute, but I loathe the role he has in the sytem, rather than the man.

*Edited for spectrum.
I will not argue with you on that.

doc80905

War Hero
He'll be gone within the next seven days, if not then Boris is going down with him. I see Ruth Davidson absolutely caved him in a news article. I quite like Ruthie, a fearless defender of the Union. A little bit of war within the factions of the party I'm a member of, so very very interesting times. I disagree with Ruthie over the EU but the rest, well she's my kind of Conservative.

He probably had a cabinet office ID card or similar that gives privileges to some political figures. Either way his attitude stinks.
Yes of course that must be the reason.

They didn't need to see his identification.

He wasn't the SPAD they were looking for.

He can go about his business.

Move along.

Oyibo

LE
I am not defending Cummings, but I am most certainly attacking the press that are desperately trying to control events and being stymied by him

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Time marches in so, to quote the Bard
"My Tongue is Weary; when My Legs Are Too, I Will Bid You Good Night."

I’m not a violent person, but Cummings has the sort of face that looks eminently punchable.

...However, I’m baffled as to why his movements are causing such hysterical vitriol from some people. While it seems that he might have flouted the spirit of the lockdown rules, nothing he did was irresponsibly dangerous.

Out of interest, was he a ‘herd immunity’ fan, or in favour of lockdown when things were still being debated? And, is he considered a ‘key worker’?

Latest Threads