The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Remember that bit in Animal Farm, when the animals woke up to find the pigs had rewritten the rules overnight but insisted they'd always said that?
It seems to be happening again, its a good job there are people keeping an eye on them.
Previously whether you agreed with the government of the day or not they always had a core of old timers, moderates or extremists to attempting to keep the crowd honest or at least in check.

This lot seems to have got rid of anyone with any talent, depth or experience. Making it probably the most shallow untalented administration ever seen. Not the sort of people you want to see running the show in the midst of a crisis.
If this was elsewhere we'd be laughing at it.

1590429998396.png

And what would happen if every household where there was symptoms decided to up sticks and shift locations? Including transferring a potentially asymptomatic carrier, i.e. the child, to an elderly relative?

The clear advice was symptomatic, stay at home. Not transfer the virus out of your home.

Majority of folk get mild to moderate symptoms.
Am sure if both bedded down we'd have been told as that would have made it excusable
They obviously did ! If everybody had adhered to the advice, the death toll would have been lower and, we would be further ahead with lockdown.

Lots of people on social media are posting from anywhere except "indoors" ! :mrgreen:

Truxx

LE
Then you need to tell the local police force then Durham police to be asked to investigate Dominic Cummings

And it wasn't the one trip according to sources.... So, for the third time, did you defend this woman with equal determination? Calderwood resigns over coronavirus lockdown trips
The same durham police who on investigating first time around concluded "nothing to see here"

That Durham police you mean?

Other than that I stand by my assessment of Friday last - this story is going nowhere.

The odd thing is why Cummings senior called the police.

Would it by any chance to notify them that his 'divisive' son and family were staying there, and to enquire whether any police patrol might be asked to keep an eye open, or what techno stuff would suit in lieu?

Might someone in the force have shared this, resulting by whatever route in the press getting wind?

Well is county Durham not the land of the Prince Bishops?
If he‘d driven to Nottingham they would have consulted with duke then.

At first when I heard about the whole situation I thought what an asshole that he broke the rules but this afternoon I found out his 4 yr old son is autistic and that DOES make a difference. The child would be classified as vulnerable due to his condition and I don't blame his father at all for trying to do his best to ensure he had proper care. He should have asked the persmission of the PM as he had to realise the shit storm that would ensue but in the end all he did was protect his family.

If he had buggered off and visited his holiday home or his girlfiend or something similar then I could accept the witchhunt that is going on at the moment but that's NOT what he was doing.

Wearing fire proof underpants here in Wales so flame away if you need to!

endure

GCM
At first when I heard about the whole situation I thought what an asshole that he broke the rules but this afternoon I found out his 4 yr old son is autistic and that DOES make a difference. The child would be classified as vulnerable due to his condition and I don't blame his father at all for trying to do his best to ensure he had proper care. He should have asked the persmission of the PM as he had to realise the shit storm that would ensue but in the end all he did was protect his family.

If he had buggered off and visited his holiday home or his girlfiend or something similar then I could accept the witchhunt that is going on at the moment but that's NOT what he was doing.
How about driving to Barnard's Castle to test his eyesight on what, totally coincidentally, was his wife's birthday... ;-)

Niamac

GCM
Officers lead by example. I suppose that DC is some sort of officer of the government and the example he set is a very poor one. I find his explanation very carefully put together and wholly unbelievable.

What I think happened is that under pressure from the tabloid press siege at his London flat he decided to leg it to his parents' farm for a bit of piece and quiet including the odd trip out, on one of which he was rumbled by an alert passer-bye.

Latest Threads