The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would say that BJ has missed the optimum time to ditch Cummings. If he got rid of him now he would sustain damage himself for not acting earlier. Similarly, maintaining his current unpopular position will do him no good.

The best thing he can hope for is that it will all go away (unlikely any time soon) or else further damning evidence emerging (of which he can irrefutably deny all previous knowledge) allowing him an opportunity for robust action.
The comparable situation in Scotland with the CMO saw the FM back her, right up until evidence of a second visit came out, then she was gone

Truxx

LE
@Truxx

Caring for others
You can also leave the house to care for elderly or vulnerable people, such as dropping shopping or medication at their door, as long as you have no coronavirus symptoms, no underlying health conditions, are under 70 and are not pregnant. More advice on caring for others can be found here. You should not share a car with anyone you do not live with.

Seems clear.

Whilst the Gov website, the very link in your fullfacts piece, said

"You can leave the house to help someone who needs looking after".

No mention of symptoms.

Edited to add that your quote is from a page dated 11th May.

Not March.

When this all happened.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Been out today to Tesco and Aldi, topics of conversation both heard and engaged in were, the lovely weather, when back to work and the kids. Nobody wanted a public burning or other execution of the worst man in history ever FACT! or even mentioned him.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
So what they (I'm not a journalist, just a hired lackey) should have been doing, instead of keeping a close eye on a notoriously duplicitous individual with the moral compass of a rabid hyaena that just happens to be running the country, is churn out stories on Dianne Abbot's son.

I don't support the frenzy surrounding Cummings and I don't agree with the way some of the coverage has been presented but I do agree that his behaviour was wrong.
They should have ensured that the judgement that Johnson is "a notoriously duplicitous individual with the moral compass of a rabid hyaena" was generally accepted by the public as the observation of a media outlet respected for its balanced objectivity and total respect for the facts - not least because that would be likely to have a far greater impact.

Essentially the broadcast media needs to accept that it has lost the trust of large chunks of the British public and is essentially regarded as being as partisan as any newspaper. It needs to think about how to rebuild that trust and that probably starts with re-imagining what a news programme looks like to include extended pieces and to consider switching off 24 hour news with all its toxic effects.

Been out today to Tesco and Aldi, topics of conversation both heard and engaged in were, the lovely weather, when back to work and the kids. Nobody wanted a public burning or other execution of the worst man in history ever FACT! or even mentioned him.
Wait till someone claims he weighs the same as a duck

Not defending DC, but in the case of the Scottish CMO, wasn't that her second home she visited just to get away from her main home for a weekend break? There was no mention of an excuse of safeguarding her children in her case.

Nonetheless, DC has screwed up big time and done a lot of damage to the Government by doing so - he needs to think about his future before somebody does it for him.

Whilst the Gov website, the very link in your fullfacts piece, said

"You can leave the house to help someone who needs looking after".

No mention of symptoms.
Why would one need to leave the house to look after someone who needs looking after if that (4 year old) person was in the house with one?

Surely the house that needs leaving by someone is that of one of the London relatives to go to help the 4 year old at DC's gaff.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not defending DC, but in the case of the Scottish CMO, wasn't that her second home she visited just to get away from her main home for a weekend break? There was no mention of an excuse of safeguarding her children in her case.

Nonetheless, DC has screwed up big time and done a lot of damage to the Government by doing so - he needs to think about his future before somebody does it for him.
Initial claim was travelling to check it. Which may have been the case when it appears she went without family.

However it was the trip with family that was her undoing

Truxx

LE
Yesterday the nice lady at the B&Q checkout did mention him.

Playing the daft lad I asked what he (DC) had done.

Went to see his parents she said

When

Oh last week sometime

After I told her that it was 2 months ago and he was looking after the interests of his nipper she looked horrified, but then said. Oh in that case he was quite right..

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yesterday the nice lady at the B&Q checkout did mention him.

Playing the daft lad I asked what he (DC) had done.

Went to see his parents she said

When

Oh last week sometime

After I told her that it was 2 monts ago and he was looking after the interests of his nipper she looked horrified, but then said. Oh in that case he was quite right..
We should burn her too then apparently.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why would one need to leave the house to look after someone who needs looking after if that (4 year old) person was in the house with one?

Surely the house that needs leaving by someone is that of one of the London relatives to go to help the 4 year old at DC's gaff.
And that would only apply if both parents incapacitated.

Given one was capable of driving the length of England and the other continued to write about her experiences in isolation (falsely stating it was in London) would suggest otherwise

Truxx

LE

But this is about an individual choosing a course of action that best suits them whilst staying within the guidance. Second guessing 2 months later adds nothing of value.

Only if he's found to be a witch obviously
Whilst he isn't a witch, he's clearly been closely associated with one. The evidence being that he looks like an exceptionally ugly toad. He's the male equivalent of the fragrant Cherie Bliar.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
All the media comment by readers I've seen this morning has been universally against DC. Bets are that he'll be gone by Wednesday. Unless that's a vast media conspiracy to only show the comments unfavourable to Johnson and Cummings. British people are generally decent, law-abiding and kind and dislike their masters taking advantage of their position; vide the MPs expenses scandal.
I haven't detected that level of unanimity but we'll see. If he made one journey without stopping on account of a four year-old child, it's not exactly clear how he's taken advantage of his position - happily, now it looks as though the police are going to be involved, we'll get some clarity about his movements and confirmation of the basis on which we can be outraged.

For me, the basis for outrage will require more than one trip and/or wandering around a service station or other public place in a way that could reasonably be expected to pose a risk to others.

Whilst he isn't a witch, he's clearly been closely associated with one. The evidence being that he looks like an exceptionally ugly toad. He's the male equivalent of the fragrant Cherie Bliar.
He could self identify as a witch, you never know these days, perhaps he's called Dominica on Fridays

He could self identify as a witch, you never know these days, perhaps he's called Dominica on Fridays
What's that you say, he's popped over to the Dominican Republic...

Danatanian

Old-Salt
My neighbour had a rant about Dominic Cummings this morning while I put my bins out. Full on self righteous outrage that this man had the audacity to go somewhere. You could tell he had listened to the BBC or Sky News and without really knowing the full details worked himself up into a frenzy. I tried to tune out but he just kept coming back to the subject.

Eventually I got bored and replied by pointing out that he told me his wife was told to self isolate for 12 weeks yet she goes out just about every day in the car. Both sets of their parents have visited their grandchildren regularly since lock down began and that, while we were on the subject of people breaking the rules, I had had a call from the Police two weeks backs because someone had called them about the numbers of visiting cars being parked outside my house. Cars that belonged to his and his girlfriends mates and siblings. But, not to worry, seeing as he was so keen on people being punished for the merest whiff of breaking the rules he clearly wouldn't mind me shopping the next group that arrive to visit him ??

Predictably he then stormed off muttering about how his visits were "not the same thing".

Twat.

Having just skim read the blog by Mrs Cummings, she states that the son nursed Mr Cummings when he was unwell, that appears to say that he was cared for throughout by the parents and not any other family member. If not then that suggests cross contamination.

The whole journey appears to have been for a just in case scenario that never happened.

It also states that Cummings collapsed and had spams, that sounds quite serious to me and something I would think required medical attention and not just Ribena.

Latest Threads