The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Aye well, I thought she and Ferguson should go because....

View attachment 476268

...it is funny to see the mental acrobatics from Tom and some around here though.
And its not as if DC doesn't know how the MSM works.

'Ms Wakefield is a journalist, columnist and commissioning editor for The Spectator.

'She has worked at the weekly magazine The Spectator for decades and was working at the weekly current affairs magazine when Boris Johnson was editor. She has also written for The Sun, Daily Mail, The Telegraph and The Times.'

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1590398155155.jpg

Due in no small part to the remorseless partisanship displayed by large chunks of your profession since the announcement of a referendum on the EU.

You guys now have zero credibility because you've consistently abused a privileged position to promote a specific world view and you've long lost any claim to being objective. Johnson has been your pantomime villain since becoming leader of the Conservatives and media coverage of the pandemic has been largely diabolical. TV news is unwatchable.

People look at the current frenzy over Cummings and just see more of the same - pampered media and political elites constantly trying to tell the rest of us what to think and throwing petulant hissy fits when a worldly public tells them to do one.

One of the things I like about Cummings is his Trump-like ability to reduce his critics to dribbling imbecility through the simple fact of being.
So what they (I'm not a journalist, just a hired lackey) should have been doing, instead of keeping a close eye on a notoriously duplicitous individual with the moral compass of a rabid hyaena that just happens to be running the country, is churn out stories on Dianne Abbot's son.

I don't support the frenzy surrounding Cummings and I don't agree with the way some of the coverage has been presented but I do agree that his behaviour was wrong.

Oops

War Hero
Doesn't say much for the relatives who live in London very near to them, does it? Unless they are on the register, not sure how they might not be viable TBH. I'm sure all of us would step up to the mark if it was our relatives asking for help and our neighbours as well for that matter. Be honest, to claim otherwise is not overly credible.
If your name's Dominic Cummings, how many people in the Land would you trust your 4 yr old child with ?
His neighbours weren't exactly offering tea and sympathy, from the newsfeed I was presented with.

Barnard Castle eh? Worth visiting just to get a toasted corned beef and onion sandwich.
Last Night I Didn't Cook Walt....

Doesn't say much for the relatives who live in London very near to them, does it? Unless they are on the sex offenders register, not sure how they might not be viable TBH. I'm sure all of us would step up to the mark if it was our relatives asking for help and our neighbours as well for that matter. Be honest, to claim otherwise is not overly credible.
FOC

So what they (I'm not a journalist, just a hired lackey) should have been doing, instead of keeping a close eye on a notoriously duplicitous individual with the moral compass of a rabid hyaena that just happens to be running the country, is churn out stories on Dianne Abbot's son.

I don't support the frenzy surrounding Cummings and I don't agree with the way some of the coverage has been presented but I do agree that his behaviour was wrong.
Interesting to see the cross party responses to Cummings though.

If your name's Dominic Cummings, how many people in the Land would you trust your 4 yr old child with ?
His neighbours weren't exactly offering tea and sympathy, from the newsfeed I was presented with.
Surely the relatives who live nearby don't think he's a twat as well. Do they?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you saying that the chances of a couple sharing a household are unlikely to infect one another?

How does that work then?
That goes against 20 odd years of the dame returning home with something awful. As soon as she comes in I’ve got it. Which is why she’s being scrupulous about this corvid thing. And scrubbing everything to keep this as far away as possible.
Of course it’s going to affect others living under the same roof, like care homes.

No

I know what the guidance was.

Travel to expedite care of a vulnerable person (4 year old son) was covered

Travel to visit second home was not

The only similarity between the two is the word travel.
Travel by WELL people to care for vulnerable not travel to care for vulnerable people by 2 infected people.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Try the in laws with whom he apparently gets on with, they live in London. Government HR people, or his aide. A senior government aide who can’t get assistance when he lives at the heart of government in one of the best resourced cities in the world.

Nothing wrong there at all, his wife’s letter where she’s describing the lockdown as London centric when they are already in Durham. That’s pretty miserable, especially when you re read it after the event.

Niamac

GCM
People look at the current frenzy over Cummings and just see more of the same - pampered media and political elites constantly trying to tell the rest of us what to think and throwing petulant hissy fits when a worldly public tells them to do one.
All the media comment by readers I've seen this morning has been universally against DC. Bets are that he'll be gone by Wednesday. Unless that's a vast media conspiracy to only show the comments unfavourable to Johnson and Cummings. British people are generally decent, law-abiding and kind and dislike their masters taking advantage of their position; vide the MPs expenses scandal.

Where does it say well people?

There are plenty of examples of those with even severe symptom being obliged to travel.
Surely infected people should be isolating so as not to spread the disease and well people, the vast majority, should be helping the vulnerable. As and when the just in case scenario develops.

I would say that BJ has missed the optimum time to ditch Cummings. If he got rid of him now he would sustain damage himself for not acting earlier. Similarly, maintaining his current unpopular position will do him no good.

The best thing he can hope for is that it will all go away (unlikely any time soon) or else further damning evidence emerging (of which he can irrefutably deny all previous knowledge) allowing him an opportunity for robust action.

Truxx

LE
All the media comment by readers I've seen this morning has been universally against DC. Bets are that he'll be gone by Wednesday. Unless that's a vast media conspiracy to only show the comments unfavourable to Johnson and Cummings. British people are generally decent, law-abiding and kind and dislike their masters taking advantage of their position; vide the MPs expenses scandal.
Meanwhile on fizzogbook,spleens are being vented on the media doorstepping, quite a change from yesterday.

The momentum page is all about going back to work and joining a union to ensure safety.....

Meanwhile on fizzogbook,spleens are being vented on the media doorstepping, quite a change from yesterday.
Quite rightly. There's no point in accusing someone of being a hypocrite and then breaking the rules too.

@Truxx

Caring for others
You can also leave the house to care for elderly or vulnerable people, such as dropping shopping or medication at their door, as long as you have no coronavirus symptoms, no underlying health conditions, are under 70 and are not pregnant. More advice on caring for others can be found here. You should not share a car with anyone you do not live with.

Seems clear.

Latest Threads