The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Worth noting that this is also true for Corbyn acolytes on message boards, just change one word.

Two cheeks of the same arse - political extremists blinded by hero worship.
And both seemingly incapable of recognising the similarities in their attitudes and reactions.

Or rather the blanket reaction of a small, but very noisy, cohort of Boris fans on this site to any unfavourable or unsupportive comment whatsoever concerning the object of their adoration, coming from any media source.

All media comment is worthy of examination and comparison, but this rejection of all things MSM is just becoming paranoid and nutty.
One might muse they realise their man has dropped a very large one and is up to his neck in it. They'd be wise to STFU if they themselves want to retain any credibility. Their man currently has none. He could possibly regain it if he did yet another U-turn and binned DC today. But that would assume he has the gumption to do that in the first place.

I'd personally like to think he would, to prove me wrong in my view that he's nothing but a chancer, only out for what is good for him but rather has the good of the country as his principle aim. With the exception of magic grandad, (who has supported some vile wretches in his time), I can't think of another politician who would be so reckless and arrogant. Does BoJo want to be considered the magic grandad of the Conservative Party, with DC as his Abbott?

Maple

LE
No it isn't (nailing Covid-19)

It was and is about spreading the load in order to allow the NHS to cope.

If you cannot get even the basics right then what chance of any further protestations gaining traction?

How will sacking someone contribute to either outcome?
Because it will serve as a warning that no-one is above the rules - did you demand that Wee Nippy's adviser should stay in post and make similar excuses for her, rather than demanding she resign because she did something similar? If not, why not?

Worth noting that this is also true for Corbyn acolytes on message boards, just change one word.

Two cheeks of the same arse - political extremists blinded by hero worship.
Who are these Corbyn fans? Name names....

So you think it's ok to do whatever you like and spread the virus.
You'll be able to provide a reference to that assertion, of course?

Unless you wish to present yourself as a little more than a rabid Boris hating lackwit, obvs.

ETA: I see from the tear-splashed button smashing that you've gone for the second option.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
But that is expected for them to act like that because of their job, it may not be very sensible but it might not be breaking the law either
Whats that? The guidance is subject to interpretation depending on the specific circumstances?

Good heavens.

I'm amazed at the amount of hypocrisy flying about amongst the population. I didn't realise we had so many 'squeaky clean' members of the population. Would I have done what he did under the circumstances, definitely !

He took a chance for his family's sake, unlike a certain Labour MP, who made a 350 mile round trip, to sit on his old man's drive and wish him happy birthday and, hasn't been mentioned once in the media.

I shall be glad when people have to return to work, "The Devil makes work for idle hands" is spot on. To many people,with too much time on their hands, spending too much time trying to find something to do !

I'm also waiting for the double page spread in The Mirror, featuring 'the witness' that saw Cummings in Barnards Castle, or thinks he did ! :rolleyes:

Truxx

LE
Because it will serve as a warning that no-one is above the rules - did you demand that Wee Nippy's adviser should stay in post and make similar excuses for her, rather than demanding she resign because she did something similar? If not, why not?
She did not do something similar and as it happens I did not have a dog in that fight. What happens 50 miles north is of little of no concern to me. That said, had she been able to show that she was acting within the extant guidance at the time then I probably would have stuck up for her had she dug her heels in.

Last edited:

Maple

LE
She did not do something similar and as it happens did not have a dog in that fight. What happens 50 miles north of me is of little of no concern to me. That said, had she been able to show that she was acting within the extant guidance at the time then I probably would have stuck up for her had she dug her heels in.
And that is a cop-out, and you know it

Maple

LE
Disn't your mum tell you not to talk to strangers?
she did during times of lock-down, now, back to the question, did you defend Wee Nippy's adviser with the same zealotry? No? Why not? My suggestion is more 'my cockwombles right or wrong' rather than a considered unbiased opinion

She did not do something similar and as it happens I did not have a dog in that fight. What happens 50 miles north is of little of no concern to me. That said, had she been able to show that she was acting within the extant guidance at the time then I probably would have stuck up for her had she dug her heels in.
Aye well, I thought she and Ferguson should go because....

1590395455222.png

...it is funny to see the mental acrobatics from Tom and some around here though.

Truxx

LE
And that is a cop-out, and you know it
No

I know what the guidance was.

Travel to expedite care of a vulnerable person (4 year old son) was covered

Travel to visit second home was not

The only similarity between the two is the word travel.

See my previous response
It's a bit of flannel as you well know but I admire your mental dexterity. What about Barnard Castle?

This one's been removed apparently.

1590396243639.png

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Well it's pretty clear that a certain element are clamouring to leap to the defence of St Dominic of Vote Leave:

He that can do wrong because he's that nice chap that practically 'won' BREXIT single handed and that Mr Johnson, never known to stray from the truth, has said that he's done nothing wrong - so that's ok then.

I'm no remoaner but for fucks sake... talk about a lot of cattle racing to get to the bolt gun.
Due in no small part to the remorseless partisanship displayed by large chunks of your profession since the announcement of a referendum on the EU.

You guys now have zero credibility because you've consistently abused a privileged position to promote a specific world view and you've long lost any claim to being objective. Johnson has been your pantomime villain since becoming leader of the Conservatives and media coverage of the pandemic has been largely diabolical. TV news is unwatchable.

People look at the current frenzy over Cummings and just see more of the same - pampered media and political elites constantly trying to tell the rest of us what to think and throwing petulant hissy fits when a worldly public tells them to do one.

One of the things I like about Cummings is his Trump-like ability to reduce his critics to dribbling imbecility through the simple fact of being.

Latest Threads