The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Possible childcare.

There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of parents who have been caring for children in lockdown whilst self isolated who heeded the instructions to stay at home
The instructions were actually to prioritise child welfare, which is why my family has enjoyed priority status, specifically access to home deliveries, which we've moved heaven and earth not to abuse and have not called upon at any point in the current emergency. In fact, the only time I've invoked special status is to use the dedicated helpline to pay my road tax.

After the Tory majority in December, I was actually looking forward to a Boris and Cummings sorting out Brexit.
I kind of hope he stays as he has the ability to change the dynamics of UK politics, although I feel a resignation will be looming from Tory backbenchers.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is it acknowledged that he was actually symptomatic at the time of his journey? Or has he just had a positive result from testing?
Reports say wife was symptomatic.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Which could have been done by childs parents.
Unless they were incapacitated and in hospital, I am sure that would have been mentioned.
Given that the virus is generally understood to be unpredictable in terms of severity, how can you be so sure that two parents would be in a fit state to care for their child?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Which could have been done by childs parents.
Unless they were incapacitated and in hospital
, I am sure that would have been mentioned.
Would you say the same to all of the NHS staff who decamped from the family home to safeguard their kids? "Oh, it's alright for me to be at home, I don't have any symptoms"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Given that the virus is generally understood to be unpredictable in terms of severity, how can you be so sure that two parents would be in a fit state to care for their child?
Only needs one to be fit.

Chances of both being incapacitated by covid are slim indeed.

We can assume he has no requirement to be shielding given how many meetings he attends and that he's out and about

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Chances of both being incapacitated by covid are slim indeed.
Are you saying that the chances of a couple sharing a household are unlikely to infect one another?

How does that work then?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Would you say the same to all of the NHS staff who decamped from the family home to safeguard their kids? "Oh, it's alright for me to be at home, I don't have any symptoms"
Have had that conversation, an extremely long and emotional one.

And have had staff speak to me about it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Are you saying that the chances of a couple sharing a household are unlikely to infect one another?

How does that work then?
Not at all, am saying that the chance of both being incapacitated at same time to the extent that neither can care for themselves or their child is slim.

endure

GCM
What it boils down to is 'do as I say not as I do'.

Arrogant fucking hypocrite.

And before anybody starts I'm not invested in any particular political party or ideology. I distrust them all.

The wriggling and squirming in this thread trying to excuse his behaviour is a wonder to behold.

The pure hatred shown by the Guardian's staff writers and readership is truly appalling. A scan of their pages is very disturbing; see for yourself.

If it's down to the individual to interpret the rules why have 14,000 fines been issued?

Why were they not allowed to interpret the rules?
Anyone who appeals their fine(s) should have a good chance of winning, now that Dom's clarified it all.... :D

The pure hatred shown by the Guardian's staff writers and readership is truly appalling. A scan of their pages is very disturbing; see for yourself.
9 out of 10 of their headlines are screaming 'Cummings', the one exception is about Europe (I think).
They are not even trying to hide their agenda now.
I am seeing a very real 5th Column here.

Well it's pretty clear that a certain element are clamouring to leap to the defence of St Dominic of Vote Leave:

He that can do wrong because he's that nice chap that practically 'won' BREXIT single handed and that Mr Johnson, never known to stray from the truth, has said that he's done nothing wrong - so that's ok then.

I'm no remoaner but for fucks sake... talk about a lot of cattle racing to get to the bolt gun.

Does anyone seriously give a shit about this virus?

It might kill granny who'd otherwise struggle on shitting herself for a few months? But no, this is something different and especially dangerous and could kill us all so don't spread it around!

So one of the people behind the lockdown for the rest of us decides it's not for him and his family?

Fair enough. Looks great.

It's not like I've been giving a shit anyway.

Oyibo

LE
Thank goodness we have the press to inform and enlighten us on social distancing. I wouldn't know what to do without them

1590379314713.png

Latest Threads