The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

This is quite funny.

I wonder if he is lying that we negotiated in bad faith.

I mean the alternative is that we were were negotiating in bad faith (looks good for Global Britain and our future deals).

So either he's lying about HMG, or is disclosing policy?

Either way, shouldn't someone be having a little word with him?

This is quite funny.

I mean the alternative is that we were were negotiating in bad faith (looks good for Global Britain and our future deals).

It isn’t much of a revelation, when breaches of international law were being declared as government policy in the Commons

I do wonder whether we've seen some smoke and mirrors. Very public exit, carrying his obligatory box of stuff, things gone quiet ever since exactly as planned whilst he gets on doing work.

Christ, there are still people who think that Dominic Cummings is still beavering away busily in the background for Boris. I thought that nonsense had finally been put to bed when open warfare broke out between the two.

Conspiracy theorists only have only to ask themselves one thing. What possible benefit would such an arrangement be to anybody?

This is quite funny.

Alternatively; both sides were acting in bad faith and we were forced by circumstances to accept the deal in the hope, that circumstances would eventually prove our side right (that's proven, the GFA is in peril because of what the EU demands).

To be honest, I think it ludicrous the Dublin position and they're seem to believe the unionists will continue to swallow this deal, without consequences. Dividing unionism might weaken it and suit the provos, but it will also radicalize them and a provisional unionist entity doesn't seem all that mad today and well done Dublin for that.

Speaking of little words, WTF is "BINO" supposed to mean? :?:
Brexit in name only. You need to get down with the kids and learn these things.

Oh dear.
What breaches were those then, Sparky?
OIP.7IzZDw51KFnKyumMoa-lHwAAAA
These britches....

Alternatively; both sides were acting in bad faith and we were forced by circumstances to accept the deal in the hope, that circumstances would eventually prove our side right (that's proven, the GFA is in peril because of what the EU demands).

Well, thank goodness that our side is proven right.

I cannot imagine the evidential burden neccessary to reach the conclusion that "our side was right".

Would be be anything we care to decide proves us right?

:)

Well, thank goodness that our side is proven right.

I cannot imagine the evidential burden neccessary to reach the conclusion that "our side was right".

Would be be anything we care to decide proves us right?

:)
If only you felt the same about the other side, then you will no doubt claim that the only side that matters is the party wishing to break the union and how much it should be punished.

Don't forget this is supposed to be about the GFA and not your personal animus against brexit.

If only you felt the same about the other side, then you will no doubt claim that the only side that matters is the party wishing to break the union and how much it should be punished.

Don't forget this is supposed to be about the GFA and not your personal animus against brexit.

Sorry, who's breaking the Union....? ;)

Personal animus against Brexit..... Brexit is a policy (well, morelike the new state religion now).

I'm laughing my ass off at the priesthood who promoted and defend it.

giphy.gif

It isn’t much of a revelation, when breaches of international law were being declared as government policy in the Commons

I think in fairness they only said they were willing to break international law in a specific and limited way.

Still, caused the head of the Government Legal Service to resign.

Obviously not a believer in the new state religion then.

SOFFiItVmlqM.gif

giatttt

War Hero
Christ, there are still people who think that Dominic Cummings is still beavering away busily in the background for Boris. I thought that nonsense had finally been put to bed when open warfare broke out between the two.

Conspiracy theorists only have only to ask themselves one thing. What possible benefit would such an arrangement be to anybody?

Carrie seems to have Boris's brain in a firm, sweaty, confused grasp. The idea the Dominic or anyone else will displace her are somewhat far fetched, however his track record would suggest that if she lets go for a second he'll be shagging like Boris Becker in a broom cupboard and then the others might have a chance to influence him.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You've hit on it - it was Twitter wot done it.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This is quite funny.

Thing is he's not wrong about international law.

I don't get the sense that he lies, for three reasons: a) it would instantly crash his brutal honesty brand, b) he knows literally every journalist in Britain combs through his every sentence and sooner or later someone will share confidential information (about his lies, if he lies) as he does, and c) smart spinners / liars don't tell direct lies, they bamboozle with the truths nobody else is prepared to say, and rely on the chaos and negative space to hide the truths they aren't so proud of.

Finally, if he did lie much, we can be sure we would hear about it (see b). Look how quickly that COVID blog edit was picked up, a lot of someones had change detection alerts on that site.

Re: international law - the idea that it is comparable to national law has been a fiction basically forever, as was heatedly kicked around during the 2003 pre-invasion drama. Depending on the 'law' it is highly dependent on consensus among a whole load of countries who do not at present reach any consensus, ever. It's a bit like saying we have a law against murder, so long as nobody is ever arrested, charged or convicted for any murder. While that remains the case, is that actually a law in any real sense?

I think his point is that so long as all other countries (or the important ones) behave in the same way, then we aren't much at risk of suffering any direct consequences as a result. We may collectively suffer consequences from a lawless international community, but we are contributors to that, not causing it. Again, he's right that mostly those who suffer from this attitude are the lawyers and civil servants, so it's unsurprising they object...

Latest Threads