Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Please bigeye don’t bombard skid with too much actual factual information. He is going through a difficult time at the moment, watching his co islander Mr Convey stood frozen on the tracks ,as the rails begin to sing and a big locomotive called Dec 31 hoves into view around the corner.
Its not going to be pretty.
Best leave him to cuddle his potato.!.
All going well, That’s a surprising headline in today’s Times ‘A purge of the brexiters’

Obviously the oven ready deal doesn’t see much of a future for them.

anglo

LE
The nasa style office at 70 Whitehall they were shipping out to in August/September, there were artists impressions and all.

Dominic Cummings creates No10 'control centre' in Whitehall​

Boris Johnson's top aide Dominic Cummings has been accused of parking his tanks on the Civil Service's lawn ever since entering No10.

But the PM's shadowy backroom fixer has now gone one step further and invaded their living room as his power grab to reshape British politics goes on.

Mr Cummings and another of Mr Johnson's top advisers Munira Mirza, are to leave No10 to set up a new 'control centre' for the PM in 70 Whitehall, the current home of the Cabinet Office.

It is a move that can be measured in the tens of metres, but one that may be seen as a larger one in terms of intent.

To all intents ant purposes it will create an 'office of the prime minister' in the middle of mandarin territory, the Times reported.
Load of rubbish

Now that the "Great OverLord" is gone, who's going to make Spitting Image funny?

1605562324529.png

Chalkythedog

War Hero
Come back Dom, all is forgiven! Bozo's ^devolution was a disaster^ remark might just be enough to get rid of the Scotch succubus leaching off the blood of the English. With a bit of luck.
Later attempts to dilute the remark are unlikely to cut much ice with the chippy Scots. It will be remembered, and may clinch the vote for independence.

What happens when you lose the protection?

'Durham police have confirmed for the first time they are assessing a dossier from a former senior prosecutor that says Dominic Cummings should face charges over his account of his movements during lockdown.

'For months Durham constabulary has refused to investigate the prime minister’s former chief aide beyond the three-day inquiry it conducted in May. But on Friday it said officers were examining new evidence submitted in a 225-page dossier more than a month ago.

'The documents, compiled by lawyers for the former north-west chief prosecutor Nazir Afzal, allege that Cummings perverted the course of justice in relation to his Downing Street rose garden statement about his journeys to the north-east of England in March and April.'

Prosecute away! He's got no job to loose that would hamper the government.
As an ex employee, he's not in a place where his prosecution will cause embarrassment for the government.
They can wash their hands quite easily. It might even be dropped given he's no longer of interest.

Prosecute away! He's got no job to loose that would hamper the government.
As an ex employee, he's not in a place where his prosecution will cause embarrassment for the government.
They can wash their hands quite easily. It might even be dropped given he's no longer of interest.
I thought he was still an adviser, only in a different area?
I do wonder whether we've seen some smoke and mirrors. Very public exit, carrying his obligatory box of stuff, things gone quiet ever since exactly as planned whilst he gets on doing work.

I would imagine no-one wants the precedent set of a Special Advisor being prosecuted for Misconduct in Public Office for being "economical with the actualité".

Now where on earth could that possibly lead?

So you can send as many files to police and CPS as you want.

I thought he was still an adviser, only in a different area?
I do wonder whether we've seen some smoke and mirrors. Very public exit, carrying his obligatory box of stuff, things gone quiet ever since exactly as planned whilst he gets on doing work.

Very Possibly.
My thoughts are he's not a big figure who's prosecution could wound the government anymore. He attracted a lot of focus because of who he was. A lot of people slipped under the radar as Joe Soap and did the same thing and got away with it.

Very Possibly.
My thoughts are he's not a big figure who's prosecution could wound the government anymore. He attracted a lot of focus because of who he was. A lot of people slipped under the radar as Joe Soap and did the same thing and got away with it.
We're aligned, now he's off the radar and no one appears very interested in what he's doing. My suspicion is that part of the mission is complete, now cloaked and stealthy, not attracting headlines he can crack on.

We're aligned, now he's off the radar and no one appears very interested in what he's doing. My suspicion is that part of the mission is complete, now cloaked and stealthy, not attracting headlines he can crack on.

A macheavelli eh ? We need more !
I rather like him. An upsetter go getter that you wind up and point at an issue.
Needs a skilled PA or manager to soothe the ruffled feathers he will inevitable create. That or a cage in the basement.

I rather like him. An upsetter go getter that you wind up and point at an issue.
Needs a skilled PA or manager to soothe the ruffled feathers he will inevitable create. That or a cage in the basement.
You'll recall the adverts he had put out for non lateral thinkers, youngsters with flair for thinking about different solutions, whacky people. The type of 'sacking' we've seen and the subsequent radio silence would be something along those lines.
These are only my own twisted and cynical thoughts!

Machiavelli is a very misunderstood man it seems to me.

Possessed of a huge sense of humour, he wrote a whole play 'The Mandrake' - the plot of which revolves around a woman cuckolding her husband with the younster (who loves her) to everyone's satisfaction; senior gets a son, she gets peace, and the youngster gets laid.

In his banishment he would go and hang out in a local inn, using a secret tunnel from his lodgings and a disguise to go play cards with people and learn what the real pulse of life was.

I think Machiavelli would despair of the needless and 'arrogance for effect' of Cummings. Yet, in his seizing events; Machiavelli would be very approval of the 'virtu' displayed.

Machiavelli, as far as I understand, defined virtu as "getting things done".

Machiavelli as I see him, is very much a man who recommends looking deeper, listening harder and having the moral courage to do what must be done.

It's a shame he has become simply a term for simple expediency or scheming - he was a very motivated and deep thinker.

And it sounds like he would have been a cracking companion for an evening of wine and cards

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
Machiavelli is a very misunderstood man it seems to me.

Possessed of a huge sense of humour, he wrote a whole play 'The Mandrake' - the plot of which revolves around a woman cuckolding her husband with the younster (who loves her) to everyone's satisfaction; senior gets a son, she gets peace, and the youngster gets laid.

In his banishment he would go and hang out in a local inn, using a secret tunnel from his lodgings and a disguise to go play cards with people and learn what the real pulse of life was.

I think Machiavelli would despair of the needless and 'arrogance for effect' of Cummings. Yet, in his seizing events; Machiavelli would be very approval of the 'virtu' displayed.

Machiavelli, as far as I understand, defined virtu as "getting things done".

Machiavelli as I see him, is very much a man who recommends looking deeper, listening harder and having the moral courage to do what must be done.

It's a shame he has become simply a term for simple expediency or scheming - he was a very motivated and deep thinker.

And it sounds like he would have been a cracking companion for an evening of wine and cards
I find that Machiavelli is often quoted, but little read. The work he’s best known for is “The Prince” but he wrote that as much as anything else to get back in favour with the Medici. His other works, like his plays, are also interesting, and his “Art of War” is a good read. There are a couple of good biographies out there as well.

Latest Threads