Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Same has been said on occasion, with substantial reason, of the incumbent Prime Minister. . . . .
Very true. Possibly the best accomplished liar made it to that position, though. Or the least appalling prospect... Still, a trawl through the national leaders of history to find one less dishonest or less inclined to obey the laws of the land might be hard to conclude without disappointment. Johnson would never break a law.

(Cue outrage).

Yeah, what we need is a Tory PM to stick to his promise, eh Mr Cameron:
'If we vote to leave will we carry out that instruction? Yes. Will I carry on as Prime Minister? Yes'
Quite. If your negotiations are incompetent, but you still sign the agreement, when you try to negate the bloody things by evading the internationally-agreed laws you're going to find trouble. Even (or particularly) on your own side.

I think Johnson's in trouble. I think Gove should take over; he's far more devious.

Quite. If your negotiations are incompetent, but you still sign the agreement, when you try to negate the bloody things by evading the internationally-agreed laws you're going to find trouble. Even (or particularly) on your own side.

I think Johnson's in trouble. I think Gove should take over; he's far more devious.
I joined the Tory party in order to vote for the next PM when I saw the shiitfest May was delivering.
Boris was the only one on the ballot paper I had any hope of delivering Brexit. Let's be honest, the last 5/6 years has been nothing else.
Gove wasn't on it. Just a bunch of lying remainers pushed by the MSM and what was left of the old 1922 sycophants. Boris was the only one that showed promise.
When the parliament and MSM threw their might behind unseating him, and the attempts to destroy parliamentary protocols by the squeaker and the remainers in the tory party, my mind was made up and I have firmly supported his efforts since.
Gove is a good orator and says the right things at the right time.. Boris has been winged but I still think the current cabinet is going in the right direction but we need to get rid of more of the remainers still working to undermine Brexit efforts.

Boris has been winged
More than that, I suspect. His performance since he apparently recovered from the near-death experience of Covid-19 has not been optimal; I've watched a few of them at PMQs and saw less than his previous best; no longer good on his feet, and relying on briefs - well-prepared but not as effective as a good pre-Covid orator.

Dom mentioned again this morning .Kevin McGuire dragged him into a piece about people not being able to understand the Covid rules.
As Dom was allowed to drive around the country with no consequences, people are unsure as to what they can and cannot do.
McGuire really is an odious little shit.

Dom mentioned again this morning .Kevin McGuire dragged him into a piece about people not being able to understand the Covid rules.
As Dom was allowed to drive around the country with no consequences, people are unsure as to what they can and cannot do.

Labour MP Wes Streeting was quick to blame this all on DC - "who didn't even get a slap on the wrist". Labour scared of telling the morons who meet dozens of other morons without even masking up, have to blame someone who kept away from others.

In terms of Boris Johnson's authority over his parliamentary party, I do think Cummings was the straw that broke the camels back.

For whatever reason, Johnson see’s Cummings as being so essential to his team that despite the huge public pressure, he chose to retain him as his chief advisor. Johnson had to pay a price for that.

The price was a change in direction dealing with the pandemic. Those in the Conservative parliamentary party who wanted a change in direction to reopen business to get the money flowing again were able to gain enough political leverage over Johnson to force through their demands.

Johnson since then has never regained the control he previously enjoyed directly after the election. The Cummings saga opened a chink in his amour which he has never been able to repair.

I think that’s what we see on a day to day basis through what appears to be in many instances, half measures being implemented that are really behind the scenes decisions trying to satisfy those people who managed to use the Cummings thing to open that chink.

Johnson would have been better off retaining his authority by sacking Cummings and then bringing him back in six months under a different hat.

I think the damage caused is very significant and gradually becoming unrepairable.

Last edited:

Latest Threads