The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

Also for the hard of understanding here's a little brief from the Telegraph. Simplified for the foaming at the mouth types who hate Dominic Cummings.

Hope that helps.
Yeah but Boris Gggggrrrr! Dominic Ggggrrrr!!!!

If his eyesight's that good, he can read the guidelines he put in place for the rest of us.

Which immediately calls into question his integrity, given that he decided he was entitled (somehow) to ignore the policy he was instrumental in putting in place, and beyond that, it must lead to questioning if the party that pays him has any fixed standards at all, or does the party simply run with with what is convenient at the tiome?

Which in turn has one asking "Why was he not required to fall upon his sword - not least for becoming the story?"

Which leads to "Is BoJo dependent on this unelected (and worryingly cosseted) bloke, to an excessive extent?"

Dom Cummings - new Messiah? My Big Fat Arrse.

Here's an essay title for consideration:

"If BoJo behaves as if a single contracted advisor is essential to his future plans, BoJo is an incompetent.​
Discuss."​
You need to clarify whether you're having a (somewhat belated) rant about guidelines or policy. You don't appear to understand which, if any, you wish to whinge about being flouted.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It seems pretty clear that the interests that bankrolled Johnson’s leadership campaign made Cummings involvement part of the deal. They presumably understood that Johnson has the attention span of a gnat - albeit he seems to attract some loyalty amongst those who think that an Eton accent and the ability to recite the Iliad in Greek are signs of a great leader - and wanted someone they could rely on working the puppet.
It’s really the only explanation for the amount of political capital that was expended in obfuscation and spin to keep Cummings in place.
Oh come on! You have missed the whole point. Cummings is there at the centre of government purely to give the likes of you and @Stonker someone/ thing to moan about.

Cummings is a government service to allow you to shed your crocodile tears without much effort in zeroing in on a target - it is being held up for you. And you, delightfully, take aim! :)

So: here's an elected member of Parliament apparently threatening the head of the armed forces (I'm no fan of the officer in question, but that's irrelevant) with being "sorted out" by an unelected hired gun whose function is to advise in a 'special' way.

I'm slightly perplexed as to how this model fits with the usual understanding of how our system of elected government works, and the extent - limited, one would have hoped - of the remit extended to contractors like Our Dom:

So: here's an elected member of Parliament apparently threatening the head of the armed forces (I'm no fan of the officer in question, but that's irrelevant) with being "sorted out" by an unelected hired gun whose function is to advise in a 'special' way.

I'm slightly perplexed as to how this model fits with the usual understanding of how our system of elected government works, and the extent - limited, one would have hoped - of the remit extended to contractors like Our Dom:

He's really twisting your gusset, isn't he

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

And the idiot got the perfect response - he was laughed at.

Oh come on! You have missed the whole point. Cummings is there at the centre of government purely to give the likes of you and @Stonker someone/ thing to moan about.

Cummings is a government service to allow you to shed your crocodile tears without much effort in zeroing in on a target - it is being held up for you. And you, delightfully, take aim! :)
You mugs fall for it every time.

The Tories must piss themselves laughing at how easy it is to get you mugs to not only fall for their con tricks but to actively support them. A monkey with an Eton accent draws your loyalty while the organ grounder gets on with ripping us all off.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer

A cynic might suggest that the game being played is "Look! Look! Over there! Dominic Cummings is coming to burn your women, eat your homes and rape your livestock! Pay no attention to actual policy announcements, ignore real-world events, instead watch Dominic twirl his mustachios and laugh evilly to frantic piano music!"

Now, I've never met Dom and doubt I ever will, but a colleague (more of a passing acquaintance due to timing and circumstance - nice guy, just not much time spent) did and rates him as "very bright, very focussed, mad as a box of frogs...", and I was reading his more interesting blogs (and skipping the more numerous dull ones) even before he became the Dark Lord of Brexit, let alone Boris Johnson's Cardinal Richelieu. I'm unconvinced he either knows a great deal, nor considers as a priority, the minutiae of defence; nor that he's going to unquestioningly support an MP over a senior general..

If Mark Francois' best line of attack really is "do what I tell you to do or Big Bad Dom will visit the Ten Plagues of Westminster upon you!" then surely, the correct response is to laugh?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You mugs fall for it every time.

The Tories must piss themselves laughing at how easy it is to get you mugs to not only fall for their con tricks but to actively support them. A monkey with an Eton accent draws your loyalty while the organ grounder gets on with ripping us all off.
Just as well we have you here Comrade to keep us straight! Pity your mukker Jezza C got fecked off at the high port at the last election.

The people really respected and trusted him, didn't they?

I would have thought your tears would have dried up by now.

He's even inspiring beer now! It doesn't hint at just how bitter the taste is though.

'Short sighted beer for tall stories. Our New England, Old School IPA is locked down and loaded.'
Barnard Castle Eye Test

Last edited:
Just as well we have you here Comrade to keep us straight! Pity your mukker Jezza C got fecked off at the high port at the last election.

You seem to always get things wrong.

Every single thing you’ve written in this post is wrong. Not for the first time, your form for this is impeccable.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You seem to always get things wrong.

Every single thing you’ve written in this post is wrong. Not for the first time, your form for this is impeccable.
Oh God, don't tell me you were a fan of Dave C and Theresa M!

How sad!

Oh God, don't tell me you were a fan of Dave C and Theresa M!

How sad!
Illustrating that the Conservative & Unionist Party don't need any other political body in order to start an ideological conflict.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Illustrating that the Conservative & Unionist Party don't need any other political body in order to start an ideological conflict.
Very few political Parties are conflict free. OK the SNazP have minders out making sure that nobody in the Party queries St Nicola, but I don't think that counts.

Also for the hard of understanding here's a little brief from the Telegraph. Simplified for the foaming at the mouth types who hate Dominic Cummings.

"When the Prime Minister announced Britain was going into lockdown two months ago he gave the apparently unequivocal instruction that we must all “stay at home”.
Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.
Now, after it has emerged Dominic Cummings and his wife travelled 260 miles with their son to stay at a home near his extended family in Durham despite having coronavirus symptoms, allies of Boris Johnson’s special advisor are highlighting that advice to justify his trip.
At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.
Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, said in a tweet the parents had travelled there because they were “anxiously taking care of their young child”.
Michael Gove, the minister for the Cabinet Office, also took to social media to say: “Caring for your wife and child is not a crime.”

But the lockdown rules row has illustrated once again how many people fear there is one rule for the British public and another for those creating those laws.
On March 23, Mr Johnson delivered his broadcast to the nation in which he gave “a very simple instruction - you must stay at home.”
He explained how people could only leave their homes for limited reasons, such as one daily exercise, shopping for basic supplies, obtaining medicines and travelling to and from work if it was not possible to work from home.
He added: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.
“You should keep in touch with them using phone or video calls.”
Only in exceptional circumstances were people allowed to travel to relatives’ addresses - to drop off food or medicine at their door.
Even now, with lockdown restrictions eased, trips to family members’ homes are still not permitted. Government guidance states: “If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home – this is critical to staying safe and saving lives.”
However, on March 24 Dr Harries was asked at the daily coronavirus conference what parents who showed symptoms of Covid-19 should do when it came to childcare.

Explaining how those drawing up restrictions had had to balance both the need to manage the spread of the virus and “thinking through” more complex issues, she said: “A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure.
"Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.
“If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.”
The official guidelines also define a “reasonable excuse” to leave home include providing “personal care… to a vulnerable person”. It is that explanation that sources close to Mr Cummings are saying he relied upon to justify his trip.
A Downing Street spokesman said: “Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus, and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.
“His sister and nieces had volunteered to help so he went to a house near to but separate from his extended family in case their help was needed."
“His sister shopped for the family and left everything outside.”
Hope that helps.
Load of bollocks though isn't it?

You can go back to voting for the SNP next year and claim you knew nothing about it all....

You can drop the Unionist bit, they've done more for the Scottish independence vote than wee Jimmy Krankie was ever able to.

Latest Threads