The Dominic Cummings Appreciation Society.

You know when someones doing something right & honouring democracy, when you are hated by all political sides AND within the Whitehall CS.

No doubt some will disagree, however Cummings is the grenade that's been long overdue in SW1.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I agree, it was the total animosity of the MSM that got my nose twitching, they hate him so I think he is OK.
Hope to see more of his innovations and I hope there are plenty of them.

I agree, it was the total animosity of the MSM that got my nose twitching, they hate him so I think he is OK.
Hope to see more of his innovations and I hope there are plenty of them.
Absolutely: read, learn and inwardly digest the MSN message.
A few hours later, examine what has been digested and excreted.
That is their message.

Chimp

ADC
1593382322734.jpeg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The BBC must be getting worried as once Cummings has started the Civil Service overhaul he will turn his 'talents' on the BBC.

DC proving the old adage about "Revenge: A dish best served cold."

I for one, am looking forward to Dom windmilling into the UK CS to clear out the well feathered nests that exist there. The private sector are having to go through an enormous amount of change with the new digital reality, it's about time UK CS also are re-aligned to reflect the new realities.

I for one, am looking forward to Dom windmilling into the UK CS to clear out the well feathered nests that exist there. The private sector are having to go through an enormous amount of change with the new digital reality, it's about time UK CS also are re-aligned to reflect the new realities.
Do you think that he will do the same thing with military.

Don't think the military are members of the Undermine Brexit club, by all appearances.

Don't think the military are members of the Undermine Brexit club, by all appearances.
Of course not, now if Brexit divides had fallen along cap badge or combat arm lines, that would be a very different matter..

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
One can only hope...

Maybe we'll eventually have a CGS with sufficient testicular fortitude to slice the Gordian knot of "Sleeves - up or down?"

Probably because no one will talk to them at work, the Billy-No-Mates whiners.

Yes and no. There are parts of the military that can't be changed due to the nature of training, readiness, some logistics, equipment etc. There are elements that can (C4ISTAR and other information gathering/handling methods as an example). This is my view as someone who is not in uniform but deals with corporates and governments on digital change and how it is successfully implemented. Therefore it is a limited and arguable opinion.

Safe to say Mr Cummings eyesight is fine, he’s picking them off like a marksman
If his eyesight's that good, he can read the guidelines he put in place for the rest of us.

Which immediately calls into question his integrity, given that he decided he was entitled (somehow) to ignore the policy he was instrumental in putting in place, and beyond that, it must lead to questioning if the party that pays him has any fixed standards at all, or does the party simply run with with what is convenient at the tiome?

Which in turn has one asking "Why was he not required to fall upon his sword - not least for becoming the story?"

Which leads to "Is BoJo dependent on this unelected (and worryingly cosseted) bloke, to an excessive extent?"

Dom Cummings - new Messiah? My Big Fat Arrse.

Here's an essay title for consideration:

"If BoJo behaves as if a single contracted advisor is essential to his future plans, BoJo is an incompetent.​
Discuss."​

If his eyesight's that good, he can read the guidelines he put in place for the rest of us.

Which immediately calls into question his integrity, given that he decided he was entitled (somehow) to ignore the policy he was instrumental in putting in place, and beyond that, it must lead to questioning if the party that pays him has any fixed standards at all, or does the party simply run with with what is convenient at the tiome?

Which in turn has one asking "Why was he not required to fall upon his sword - not least for becoming the story?"

Which leads to "Is BoJo dependent on this unelected (and worryingly cosseted) bloke, to an excessive extent?"

"If BoJo behaves as if a single contracted advisor is essential to his future plans, BoJo is an incompetent.​
Discuss."​
It seems pretty clear that the interests that bankrolled Johnson’s leadership campaign made Cummings involvement part of the deal. They presumably understood that Johnson has the attention span of a gnat - albeit he seems to attract some loyalty amongst those who think that an Eton accent and the ability to recite the Iliad in Greek are signs of a great leader - and wanted someone they could rely on working the puppet.
It’s really the only explanation for the amount of political capital that was expended in obfuscation and spin to keep Cummings in place.

It seems pretty clear that the interests that bankrolled Johnson’s leadership campaign made Cummings involvement part of the deal. They presumably understood that Johnson has the attention span of a gnat - albeit he seems to attract some loyalty amongst those who think that an Eton accent and the ability to recite the Iliad in Greek are signs of a great leader - and wanted someone they could rely on working the puppet.
It’s really the only explanation for the amount of political capital that was expended in obfuscation and spin to keep Cummings in place.
I think it more likely that there's no grand conspiracy. It's just a bunch of moderately competent/incompetent chaps struggling to appear as if they're in control, confronted for the first time in their lives with their personal inadequacies as Leaders In A Real Crisis, and they've signed up to Dom The Medicine Man (somebody help me out here, with his leadership/organisational/crisis management credentials please). I'd hate to think that the leadership (I laff, ironically) of our Nation is in thrall to SOMEONE WITH NO FVCKING EVIDENCE OF DELIVERING IN PRACTICE ANY OF THESE THINGS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AT ALL.

Strangely, I cannot find it in me to change the case or the formatting of some of the words above.​
It's a challenge every bit as huge as that faced by BoJo where getting shot of a time-expired hired gun is concerned ^~

Last edited:

Discuss."​
You mean the guidelines that he followed and the police agreed no laws or guidlines broken? Or are you referring to a different set of guidelines that really don't exist?

Discuss."​
Also for the hard of understanding here's a little brief from the Telegraph. Simplified for the foaming at the mouth types who hate Dominic Cummings.

"When the Prime Minister announced Britain was going into lockdown two months ago he gave the apparently unequivocal instruction that we must all “stay at home”.
Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.
Now, after it has emerged Dominic Cummings and his wife travelled 260 miles with their son to stay at a home near his extended family in Durham despite having coronavirus symptoms, allies of Boris Johnson’s special advisor are highlighting that advice to justify his trip.
At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.
Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, said in a tweet the parents had travelled there because they were “anxiously taking care of their young child”.
Michael Gove, the minister for the Cabinet Office, also took to social media to say: “Caring for your wife and child is not a crime.”

But the lockdown rules row has illustrated once again how many people fear there is one rule for the British public and another for those creating those laws.
On March 23, Mr Johnson delivered his broadcast to the nation in which he gave “a very simple instruction - you must stay at home.”
He explained how people could only leave their homes for limited reasons, such as one daily exercise, shopping for basic supplies, obtaining medicines and travelling to and from work if it was not possible to work from home.
He added: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.
“You should keep in touch with them using phone or video calls.”
Only in exceptional circumstances were people allowed to travel to relatives’ addresses - to drop off food or medicine at their door.
Even now, with lockdown restrictions eased, trips to family members’ homes are still not permitted. Government guidance states: “If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home – this is critical to staying safe and saving lives.”
However, on March 24 Dr Harries was asked at the daily coronavirus conference what parents who showed symptoms of Covid-19 should do when it came to childcare.

Explaining how those drawing up restrictions had had to balance both the need to manage the spread of the virus and “thinking through” more complex issues, she said: “A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure.
"Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.
“If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.”
The official guidelines also define a “reasonable excuse” to leave home include providing “personal care… to a vulnerable person”. It is that explanation that sources close to Mr Cummings are saying he relied upon to justify his trip.
A Downing Street spokesman said: “Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus, and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.
“His sister and nieces had volunteered to help so he went to a house near to but separate from his extended family in case their help was needed."
“His sister shopped for the family and left everything outside.”
Hope that helps.

Latest Threads