The divorce rate in the slime

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Outstanding, Mar 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why does the Int Corps have the highest divorce rate in the Army/

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Does it? If you have some comparative figures, let's see them. Otherwise, this thread looks like a fishing expedition and will be binned.

3. I don't know, why does the Int Corps have the highest divorce rate in the Army?

4. Does it? If you have some comparative figures..................

5. Something about comparative figures...

6. the difference between fishing trips and a sensible thread?

7. Perhaps I am being unfair,(I don't have the stats) but from where I am now it seems that higher number of sepeations are occuring within the this Corps than others. When I asked locally I was told it was due to:

a. Pressure of work.
    b. Nature of work, in that guys cant take their jobs home and discuss them, like say Inf or RLC can.
    c. Disatisfaction by wives with service conditions.

If this is a bone thread - please ditch it.

8. I suspect the divorce across the Armed Forces is higher in general. It usually is during times of conflict/deployment. The reasons outlined above could be used by a lot of Arms/Corps. It is a fact that the divorce rate in the Armed Forces is higher than that in civvie street. If you look at the emergency services, you will probably find they have a proportionately high divorce rate too.

To say that we are worse than anybody else, without the figures, just seems like a generalisation.

AF
    (divorced)

9. Who says you can't discuss your work with the wife?? Maybe it'd so boring she isn't interested!!

10. It's a generalisation Shamus, but maybe your right. Maybe it is so boring she'd fall asleep. Maybe she doesn't need to know and therefore should not be discussed with her.
    Maybe, when you get home, the last thing you want to do is talk about more work. Maybe this is a shite thread and should be binned.........

11. Outstanding - with research and analysis skills of that standard...

can i offer you a job in our "who's got WMD?" department? :D

12. sit it on a leaf and wait till autumn.

damn, wrong punchline.

13. Call yourselves Int??? 8O

Can't even come up with a few statistics...... :lol:

14. Lies, Damned lies and statistics.

A bit like one of my assessments then! :oops:

15. just out of interest, where is that?