The DII Profect (Data comms)

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by theyids71, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any recruiters who are looking for Data Engineers for this? (i dont mean agencies who will waste time and effort)

2. What do you mean data engineer? Are you talking about TCP/IP network engineering (routing etc) or infrastructure stuff like fibre?

I would go for a bit of google action and simply type in Atlas DII engineer and take it from there.
  3. Qualify what you mean by Data Engineer (I'm guessing networks) Are you in the SE or elsewhere?

PM me, my lot are crying out for decent 'infrastructure' bodies - networks (not so much cabling though), servers, architects.. I should be able to find something on DII for you. If you have DV I could have something juicier.
  4. I work with Data Cabling mainly (cat 5 /Stripping and Termination )
  5. TA_Sig, who is 'your lot'. Just curious, having done me DII/C(S)D LSO course,
  6. Not a wah. What does the DII/C(S)D LSO course involve?

TA_Sig can you square us all away with jobs when we leave? I don't want to end up on a bit of cardboard under Waterloo Bridge and the missus wants me to work for a living (that'll be a first).
  7. Think "Collingwood", mate

And as for you working for a living, "What are we going to do today, Brain?"
  8. BTW, WTF is a Profect(sic)?

Surely some mistake. It should be The DII Profuck.
  9. Nothing changes mate. My latest mad plan is to get courses accredited with civ quals. Network+ at Class 3, MCSE, CCNA and SSCP or Security+ at Class 1 and CISSP on the big boys' course.

Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try to take over the world.