The Difference.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Snail, Oct 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just seen a post on Faceache, where someone found a Gecko in their house and the wife was apparently screaming. Being an ex-matelot, he got a biscuit tin and a bit of paper and put it outside.

How very gay is that?

So I have come to the conclusion:

Navy - Biscuit tin and rescue the poor wee mite.

RAF - Cry and scream and shout for your mum.

Army - Poke it with a stick, see if it eats Haribo, throw stones at it to see if it's tail really does fall off, try to set fire to it once you have trapped it.

I do have first hand experience of this. Telic 2. Gecko on the ceiling in the "Smoking Area" at the Hotel Shatt (hehe - I said shat), 2 RAF blokes, me and a few Kingos smerking a tab.

Mr RAF: "It's a Lizard aaaaaaaah".
    Kingo Nicker: "Get me a stick - I just want to check if it's dead. Honest".

Why is the Army different to the rest of them?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Because we share holes with all manner of creepy crawlies and sometimes they are edible.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. They will eat Haribo.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Prove it.
  5. Someone was on about a lizard eating a sweet the other day. I think it was a Werther's though...
  6. A Werthers Lizard. What do they look like.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Per your request I raced outside to find a lizard but all I had on me was a biscuit. Nonetheless the principle is sound.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Probably has skin a very similar texture to the weirdo-paedo that first gave you a Werther's. Colour might be a bit different though
  9. Geckos will not only eat Haribo... They will devour Optimus Prime for breakfast...:nod:

10. HHH

HHH LE

Are you not a bit old to be still playing with Transformers ? :)
  11. Angry Gecko says "You are never too old!"

Not mine! belonged to a boy from Bangor who is a year older than me and has a reptile obsession!

He had two baby ones last time I visited... the reddy one had a lot of attitude for such a teeny thing!

12. Robots in disguise.
  13. This Lizard tried to eat Kirk but if I'm being honest I can't remember what your question was.

Attached Files:

• gorn.jpg
      File size:
      75.8 KB
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stay off the Domestos then.

Dale T, with a cold that would that kill a bloke.

15. Ask jarrod for that pic of rearwords...