The Diane Abbott appreciation thread

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
It's not just La Abbott:

If she has had a new hairstyle, is she innocent? Asking for an MP a friend.
Just had a little read around on her... she's a piece of work by the looks!

BFF with Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon, OBE. Not implying that Doreen's son was a drug dealer or anything, just that they would both go (went) to the wall for their son
Not Wolfie's wall ?

No, this bit of wall:
9B398968-BFA3-4EAF-993B-6A5CB303637B.jpeg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's the passion gap.
Dial 999 and ask for Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance and Coastguard. Collectively they might just be able to save your soul from eternal Labour Coming aPart y membership.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's all a cunning plan. It's been given to her in £1 coins.

She'll spend so much time counting them that she'll never get to writing the bloody thing.

Well played, I say.
The very idea of Fatbott writing her memoirs reminds me of a review of Norman Fowler's autoiography: "I congratulate the author for staying awake while he wrote it"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The very idea of Fatbott writing her memoirs reminds me of a review of Norman Fowler's autoiography: "I congratulate the author for staying awake while he wrote it"
She's not writing them. She has been paid for 80 hours work which wouldn't get her through the Introduction! This will be something similar to the famous (but I have forgotten who) person who said he would know what was in his autobiography when he reads it!

She's not writing them. She has been paid for 80 hours work which wouldn't get her through the Introduction! This will be something similar to the famous (but I have forgotten who) person who said he would know what was in his autobiography when he reads it!
Most political autobiogs are like that. Even the Blessed Thatch had a ghost for some of hers, someone quite well known though I can't recall who.

Off topic, but legend has it John Major's autobiography caused a scandal. Oh yes.

He wrote so much, lots had to be edited out, and one of the bits that got the chop was a paragraph on Edwina Currie. When she got it she went straight to the index, found she wasn't there, and decided in a fit of pique to out him as having had an affair wth her in the 80s. Or so it is said.

Latest Threads