The Devil's Brigade - the Canadians Arrive

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Canadian, Aug 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on YouTube. I love it.

‪The Devil's Brigade - The Canadians Arrive‬‏ - YouTube

Was the marching done well or at least properly? I'm afraid I can't tell since I am a civi. Would they have hired real British or Canadian soldiers for the scene because of the style or could any soldier learn to march that way easily? Does the Canadian Army still march the same as the Brits? Apparently the drills by the Air Force done before Prince William at Rideau Hall in Ottawa was awful. At least that is the opinion of a member of our Royal Canadian Dragoons.

2. It would be even better if they were not strangling cats as they march in to the camp!

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

As if. Next you'll be telling us that Brownies can't march. Go on pull the other one.

4. Actually we of the light blue persuasion always took pride in our rotten drill, and strove to have "not observed" in the Dress and Deportment box on our PER. Also who cares what zipperheads think,

• Like Like x 1
  5. I believe all the Soldiers came from the 3rd SF Group & Utah army national guard where the bulk of filming was done at Camp Williams.