The destruction of the Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007

Imagine what Saddam could have got up to if we hadn't taken out his reactor in 1981.....
I would imagine that anyone stupid enough to try and nuke Israel would very quickly see the light and end up as the proud owner of a largish glass ashtray.

I would imagine that anyone stupid enough to try and nuke Israel would very quickly see the light and end up as the proud owner of a largish glass ashtray.
Don't know whether it's a matter of stupidity or cultural mentality but look at the way Assad's been bombing the hell out of his own citizens for the past few years....

Imagine what Saddam could have got up to if we hadn't taken out his reactor in 1981.....
As the Iran Iraq war didn’t end until ‘88, Tehran stood as good a chance as Tel Aviv in becoming the primary target.

Don't know whether it's a matter of stupidity or cultural mentality but look at the way Assad's been bombing the hell out of his own citizens for the past few years....
Because he knows that he can get away with it, however an adversary who has a reputation for not taking sh1t plus the ability to hit hard is a different matter.

Israel is fairly small, geographically so a couple of medium sized nukes would pretty much turn the whole place into a graveyard.

You think they have a MAD system in place that could withstand half a dozen nuclear tipped short range missiles?

The problem is that there are certain types of country's throughout the world that don't give a rats arse about the consequences of using nuclear weapons. Iraq, Iran, Saudi, North Korea for example I think wouldn't have no compunction in using those weapons.

Which will work(ish) (see suicide bombers et al.) if the bad guys have no idea where your weapons are, once they figure it out (probably not hard), then you are fecked.
You're average middle eastern despot will quite happily f**k off to live in Dubai with whatever cash they've managed to steal.

Israels immediate neighbours have learnt their lessons that they'll get spanked by the Red Sea pedestrians conventionally. Egypt and Jordan moved on. Syria is still a loose cannon as they're still p*ssed off about then golan heights.

Much of the grief with Israel stems from pan Arab nationalism. Those country still that gesticulate against Israel are deemed the strong boy's inn the Arab world. Saudi will verbally attack Israel (although we all know this is a game) in order to gain support with Sunnis. Iran doesn't the same (but Ian more isolated and doesn't care about playing the game) in order to get Shia support.

The mind boggles when you consider the fact that the area the reactor was located in, Deir Ezzor, fell into the hands of Islamic State in 2014 and remained so until 2017.
Makes you wonder if there was collusion between ISIS and Israel almost doesn't it? #oopstherewas

Wesley Clark on the PNAC plan to conquer the ME.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if there was collusion between ISIS and Israel almost doesn't it? #oopstherewas
If by collusion you mean Israel is supporting Egypt in strikes against IS in Sanai. Or the fact that IS said that Mecca and Medina were more important than Palestine? Anything to support your assertion?

If by collusion you mean Israel is supporting Egypt in strikes against IS in Sanai. Or the fact that IS said that Mecca and Medina were more important than Palestine? Anything to support your assertion?
I'm getting sick of you stalking my posts like some yankee flag waving Chemical Ali.

That would be the same Israel that's treating "anti-regime" fighters, aka ex-ISIS mercenaries in it's hospitals?

I'm getting sick of you stalking my posts like some yankee flag waving Chemical Ali.

That would be the same Israel that's treating "anti-regime" fighters, aka ex-ISIS mercenaries in it's hospitals?
Yes but anything to support your assertion? - apart from baseless disinformation that is.