The desecration of the Iwo Jima US flag raising by a Union!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RoyalTankR, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure where this should go but and however, has anyone seen the banner the British Airways Stewards and Stewardesses Association (BASSA) are displaying in their fight against BA, with the help of UNITE the union? All to do with their battle with British Airways but the battle the USMC fought was real theirs are words!

I am mad as hell that they have designed a banner based on the USMC sacred memorial at Arlington Cemetary of the raising the US flag at Iwo Jima. It is a despicable act. It desecrates the memory of 26,038 men of whom 6,821 were killed. The total number of marines killed or wounded at IJ is over 16,000 more than on the US landings on D-Day. Our own marines will be livid I am sure and it beggars belief that anyone would dare to act in this way.

I would ask you to email the voicing your strong objections to this travesty. The more who write the harder it will be for BASSA to keep this 'thing.'
  2. Don't forget to get outraged over these images too

3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Mate, I have seen so many spoofs/imitations of that Rosenthal photo over the years to get too excited about this. Here are some examples:

and so on and so on ...
  4. This is typical of the disrespectful chav anchors that infest this country
  5. [​IMG]

One ticket for the outrage bus please. Do we get to choose window or aisle? Can I not sit next to Auld Yin, he smells of Bushmills and urine.
  6. Errrrr - I believe BASSA removed the offending image yesterday, after various USMC vets had vented, but I'm too outraged to go and look.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Drink a bog Irish mouthwash when there is beautiful Scotch single Malts available - I think not.
  8. That lot says it all really.

It makes no difference the FACTS are the same and the what if's will apply - just let us hope that a similar example does not denegrate the current loss of life and limb. No one deserves that. Do they?
  9. :clap:

... shame you have admitted, by a lack of defence, that you do actually smell of wee though.... :roll:
  10. I'm a p1ss-stained old Jock who likes a drop of single malt - I'll sit beside him.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh, thanks. I'll have a gin and tonic and a dry white wine for my wife. Can we have an extra packet of dry roasted nuts? We've looked at the lunch menu. Does the wild salmon dish come without sauce?

Could you look at this recliner? There seems to be a problem with the footrest bit.
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I would suggest that this entire outrage is somewhat misplaced and pointless.
  13. It might have been worse had the original photo not been been posed,bit like the raising of the Soviet flag over the Reichstag,originally a woman,lo and behold,2 days later she's had a sex change.

It's a photo FFS,get a life.
  14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, the original photo was a fake re-enactment ffs.

BOGUS propaganda fluff piece to rally the public around.
  15. Is this a wah?

It wasn't posed. It was thought it had been posed because a smaller flag was replaced with a FOGB flag, allowing the photographer to get it all lined up. I'm sure the story is on wikipedia.