The depleted uranium effect

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by seikokinetic, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Would anyone happen to have available a photo/video/description of a depleted uranium round hitting something? I'm mainly interested in the visual effect such rounds create. I've had a good hunt online and not had any luck. The odd knackered tank and horrible images of deformed babies are all that show up seemingly. I'm sure that this is probably down to my poor searching skills and thought that this may be a good place to ask.

While I'm here, are a whole load of sparks sent off in all directions by any chance? Any good online sources, preferably photographic rather than large text descriptions (of which there are plenty), that anyone knows about?

It's for strictly personal use that I ask.

Cheers,

seikokinetic.

2. Here's the entry wound of one.

[​IMG]

3. This chap is handily pointing it out

[​IMG]

4. Thanks for the reply sunray, much appreciated.

No doubt that helpful illustration did the chap in the photo the world of good...

Any pics/footage taken during the actual impact of the rounds? It's the possible creation of sparks that I'm oddly interested in.

5. I'm surprised that you seem to have chosen pictures from the second world war, as DU was first tested in the 60's/70's

6. I was very much joking, I thought the chap wearing the Iron Cross first class was most funny. I struggled to find a WWI picture :D

7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Tomorrow in the Sun:

"New ammunition spreads radioactive material on impact, causing deformities in babies!"

8. There ya go. Sorry its not the Sun though:

Note the reference to cyclops too

9. Fired plenty of it in GW1, my 5 year old twin girls arent deformed, theyre just fckin mental

10. Doh!, I can only blame a long day and jumping to conclusions!!