The demographics of the British Army...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pedro111, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

First of all a big thank you to all of you who have or are serving in Afghanistan and Iraq or where-ever you may be.

I am currently doing a project about the British Army and was looking to find out where the soldiers come from ie the percentage from England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland.

Any help would be great thanks!

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

2. Who is the project for?
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Why do you want our hekp?
  4. The project is a school project and I came on here because I guessed that maybe some of you would know as I cant find out about it anywhere.

5. If it's been counted and is in the public domain, DASA is the place to look.

If it's not on there, ask them, they may be able to help.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

This is not the sort of information that would be readily available, but maybe if you could outline the purpose you could get some individual and possibly representative input?
  7. Ah. All is clear. Sorry to sound so abrupt.

As has been said, this is maybe not the best place to gather the info. Firstly its an anonymous public forum and to gain any objective material would be akin to asking fat people why they are fat whilst standing outside McDonalds. You dont know if they actually eat there or they are just 'big boned'.

If on the other hand you were gathering information on the best way to frot a dog, felch a hamster or remove semen from an S10 ressie drinking straw, youve come to the right place. ;)
  8. We're all from Fiji mate. Every one of us.
  9. Thanks for your help guys, I had a look on that DASA website but the nearest thing I can find is the table showing where the forces are based in the UK.
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

and so another young, innocent mind searched the internet in a quest for knowledge and was forever corrupted and possibly mentally scarred for life... :D
  11. We're too lazy. Bang in a poll and we might stretch to clicking some buttons for you.
  12. I'd probably suggest writing to the MOD in Whitehall (look on the MOD website). Explain what you are doing and what you want the info for and one would like to think they will be more than happy to oblige or at least steer you in the right direction.
  13. But don't trust any of the information they give you as it will be completely wrong :wink:
  14. Aaargh....propaganda!