The demise of Southern Hemisphere rugby

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Oct 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Australia - oops
    New Zealand - oops

Just leaves 2 SH teams.

Hopefully Scotland can do the biz and get rid of one more
  2. Yes, come on the Jocks. :D
  3. Do the Argies really count as a traditional Southern Hemisphere team though? Admittedly, they need to be admitted to the Tri Nations now.
  4. Totally agree. If the Italians can be allowed in to the Six Nations, it is a no brainer that the Argies should be let in to the "Quad" Nations.

They deserve it, not only on this tournaments performances, but on their general results over the last ten years.
    They also have a better than evens chance of getting further than Australia and New Zealand (guffaw)
  5. Do behave.
  6. Chick chick chick chick chicken.........
  7. Too far to travel. :roll:

Good air miles though. 8)
  8. Think of all the Fray Bentos that you will be able to stock up on. How many hours difference is it to NZ ;-)
  9. Deep joy at the result and to top it all I will have a number of Aussies working for me this week - of course I wont be taking the pXXs!

Any truth in the rumour that they are changing their name from the Wallabies to the Wannabies?
  10. I am speechless, I cant beleive the result yesterday, the wallabies want to have a very harsh word with themselves.
  11. come on the jocks!! (you see we English actually support our fellow British teams! apologies if you do anyway)
  12. To be fair, Tommy_Cooker, loads of Jocks, Taffs and assorted others congratulated England on the other thread. Hopefully we'll be doing the same for Scotland in a couple of hours!
  13. Loved today's Sunday Times headline- "Winning Poms"!
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

There is a problem though. The game in Argie land is amateur and their union will not allow it to be pro, hence all their top players play for European clubs. As the tri nations do not have same playing dates as the 6nations there could problems getting their squad together.
  15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

From the NZ Dominion post: