The Death Map

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tiny_lewis, Dec 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh yes! Every road death from 1999 to 2010.

BBC News - Every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010

The A402 is London's Road of Death :-D Not a good place to travel on a bus.

Suggested improvements?

1. More detail; currently only gives date. RTA details and pics would be a boon
    2. Link to the Home Office on-line crime website, to cross-reference RTA and ASBOs
    3. Add the HomeBuyers on-line mapping system, to get a FULL picture of that place you were considering buying

I did briefly consider making a sober and informative post in News & Current Affairs. Briefly.

2. Why?

3. Because it's Monday morning, I'm working on something tedious, and this is the Naafi?

Though on a slightly serious note - its that perverse urge to find the accidents that caused delays on the M6 when I was driving from Kendal to Crewe on a daily basis. What is "interesting" is that a major accident seems to missing from 2001 which involved a death, it delayed us both for six hours at the time.

4. Its not at all complete, there are several incidents from around here that haven't been included. Interesting though. Thanks for sharing.

5. It's not very accurate....I've been to a few of them on that map and they have missed a load off and got some details wrong.

6. They got one near us when an 18 year old kid died what they neglected to mention was the twat was off his face on drugs when he crashed.

7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Don't tell me - he was your best customer?

8. Nah, the best ones are the ones that keep themselves alive, repeat custom is a winner.

9. Yes it isn't accurate at all, it failed to record a midget who was killed by a double-decker bus in this area. She won the Darwin award and went under the front wheels after running in front of it to prevent it from pulling away from the bus-stop.

• Like Like x 1
  10. One of my sites would benefit from a traffic boost... I wonder, if the deathmap API is open, and I can x-ref it with the ASBO crime map. The local luvvies would go mad. And I have an appointment with an estate agent later this week; they have no morals, any site visitor is a winner etc.

11. Am I bad because I laughed?

• Like Like x 1
  12. That makes me equally bad.

13. She did go out with a bang........ well, a loud POP really.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Should have an Edit button to add detail.

The driver of the car, a man aged 43 was injured.
    The rider of the motorcycle, a woman aged 41 died because the stupid fucking cunt in the car (who should be named) was so busy talking to his pals as he did a right into the pub car park that he didnt see her. They found her right leg 100 yards away from her body and burning bike. Her husband was 500 yards behind her. The three kids were having Sunday lunch with her sister at the time.

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I wonder if you could go a bit further back you'd get the deaths of joy riders in NI getting the good news with 5.56