The Dawn Butler Appreciation Thread

John Rentoul says it was a cheap publicity stunt and she deserves no publicity.
Exactly. Funny how she waited until the afternoon of the last day of term. She knew exactly what she was doing and she should be afforded no publicity. The only doubtful thing is she came up with the plan without any help as she doesn't have the mental capacity to carry something like this through on her own.

TBH she sounded like a lot of a certain type of Boris grrr poster sound in my head when I read their posts. Strangely not showing very highly on the BBC's politics section too, even St Tommy's failed libel case gets a higher billing
It's showing up on the BBC News app.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. Funny how she waited until the afternoon of the last day of term. She knew exactly what she was doing and she should be afforded no publicity. The only doubtful thing is she came up with the plan without any help as she doesn't have the mental capacity to carry something like this through on her own.
She's not eloquent enough to have written that herself. Nor to have learned it and spoken without notes.

Doesn't the Speaker "name" honourable members any more when they are told to leave the House?

I remember that Ian Paisley would resort to calling a government minister a liar whenever he needed a bit of publicity for something or other.

It kind of wore a bit thin after a while to the extent that when he accused John Major of lying after Major was forced to admit to the House he was in fact in talks with the IRA barely a matter of weeks after he had told the House that it "would turn his stomach" to talk to the Provos, Paisley was ejected despite pretty much everyone in the country scratching their heads and saying "Hang on a minute, what's Paisley getting chucked out for? He's right!"

Strange . I tried a google picture search for them and it did not work for some reason .
They do look they could be a good laugh , however I'm not going to try and find out what they sound like .
I am clearly in spaz mode as I didn't realise the OP's gag, i.e. Parliament / parliament.

I didn't say it wasn't showing, just not very prominent, I suspect if it had been from the other side of the house, it would have been the main article everywhere.
If Tommy Robinson hadn't lost a court case it would probably rank higher. There must have been a massive conundrum at the BBC, Tommy Robinson grrr or Boris grrr.

Slime

LE
I didn't say it wasn't showing, just not very prominent, I suspect if it had been from the other side of the house, it would have been the main article everywhere.

How much coverage did the five tories get yesterday?
I heard them mentioned on TalkRadio, but didn't see any other news.

Slime

LE

I can’t remember :)
The only one I can remember is David Davis.
The five were found to have broken ministerial code in relation to helping a tory MP. The punishment was one days suspension from the house.

Edit.
This story. Plus, I had a senior moment and changed Bob Stewart to David Davis ;)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can’t remember :)
The only one I can remember is David Davis.
The five were found to have broken ministerial code in relation to helping a tory MP. The punishment was one days suspension from the house.

Edit.
This story. Plus, I had a senior moment and changed Bob Stewart to David Davis ;)
Oh that, yeah it was splashed about a bit more, with the usual Grrr, but they were busy gushing about noble St Dom of Honesty so it got lost.

Thangham Debonaire suggests that the expression "yellow peril", used by JRM reference the Lib Dems, is highly offensive. Is it still offensive when they use the term themselves?
Last chance to take offense before the hols. Not really a serious intervention.

Capture.PNG

Is that a bleck bin bag she is carrying her stuff in.

Precisely the outcome she hoped for and planned.
She knew exactly what would happen in it's wake...still being broadcast while she sits somewhere filling her face and having a quiet snigger with her pals on the old Iphone. What a weaseling toxic piece of work.
Unfortunately, some of what she said was right.

Latest Threads