The Dark Lord emerges; PM by March

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bumper, Nov 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 12 months ago we had a lively debate when I asked the question, "would Brown call a snap election?" That the political radar atop Bumper Towers proved to be a bit wonky is self evident; I still think though, he should have gone to the polls early rather than face polling evisceration this coming May.

But I don't think he will. I think he'll resign / spontaneously combust / be forced out early next year, some months before the election.

The Dark Lord will become PM and take Labour into the election. Why?

It's the only hope they have.................. and cornered politicians facing life on the Street will do anything.. anything to save themselves. At best, Labour might do enough to hang on to power with the help of the Liberals, or save enough seats to make life difficult for the Tories.

Brown anyway is a busted flush and is showing the signs of being a defeated man.

I would think they've laid the strategy out already and planning is advanced. I heard that Blair and Mandleson spent the day together recently....... with Gadaffi's son oddly enough. True or not...... I'm confident the scheming sods are planning to stitch up the electorate again and foist an unelected PM on us.

Thoughts?

2. I dont think that even Mandleson can save the day for Labour now, he is seen as another corrupt politician, and is roundly hated. He is now seen as being part of this discredited government, and a lot of voters have long memories. I can remember his involvement in the Hinduja affair, and the facts about his criminal activities in relation to Mortgage fraud.

He shouldnt be in politics now, and as for him becoming PM I just believe it will further damage the chances of Labour getting re-elected in many constituencies across the country.

3. I think he has to be an elected MP, which he isnt at present. He would have to be put forward as a candidate at a very solid NL seat.

Could it happen, most certainly.

Would the electorate go for it? I think I would rather have Brown to be honest.

4. Never underestimate the power of the Sith :wink:

5. Even in the safest ZANU labour seat, I think Mandlescum would find it difficult to win. I suspect most normal people are anti-gay and don't want a pouff in the top job. He is as crooked as the rest of them and although the tories don't present a heavyweight alternative, they may well be the best alternative.

6. Won't matter a damn who's in No.10 after the next Election anyway;they'll still be doing the globalists(Bilderbergers') unquestioned bidding,via the EU apparatus,presumably one reason why there was so much pressure to ratify Lisbon.
    Tin-foil hat firmly in place,but would welcome others'thoughts also...

7. msr

msr LE

The country is broke and whoever is there is going to have massively raise taxes and / or slash the public sector or have the IMF come and slash it for them.

This will not involve tinkering with the odd £1bn in different budgets either.

msr

8. Not as long as there are sniper rifles.

9. or The Right Honourable Baron Mandelson of Foy in the county of Herefordshire and Hartlepool in the county of Durham, Lord President of the Council, First Secretary of State, and Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and Honorary Freeman of the borough of Hartlepool as he likes to be known.

I would just call him a c**t but the reality is more sinister and a whole lot more scary than dismissing him out of hand.

He's a former Communist Party member who schemes, lies, cheats and conspires in secret without any transparency or checks. Arrogant and cynical but dangerous. Whats more, he's no friend of the Army, "a lot of chinless wonders marching around Horse Guards Parade doing incomprehensible things with flags."

10. Whilst it is from the Daily Mail it is correct in stating the being a Member of the House of Lords does not preclude this sh!t from becoming PM.
    A quick trawl on Google and there are plenty of articals about this very subject. I remember seeing the first back in August this year.
    This is a man who desires power and only power. Do not be surprised what happens over the next few months.

Link to Daily Nazi...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1192200/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Could-First-Secretary-State-Lord-Madelson-Prime-Minister.html

11. It will be interesting to see what he does now that the grinning bufoon has lost out on the EU Presidential gravey train: the smart money had Mandy being his ADC ie pulling all Tone's strings. Now that option is closed, what next? Could be interesting. I think this man is capable of almost anything.

12. I think they figured that out some time ago; note Milliband also squashed speculation about the foreign secretary role. The Dark Lord has been pulling the strings for fifteen years and more - I think they've decided, "right, we've let Brown and his idiot friends have their spell in the playpen, they've broken all the toys and now the big boys are coming back."

I'll bet there are so many skeletons in cupboards all over Whitehall that they must be bricking themselves about a new administration coming in and taking a hard look at what they've been up to.

13. I think Brown will announce his intention to resign next year, citing eye probs as the reason. I think David Milliband will take his place, just in time for the election campaign. It could be a very close run thing.

14. "I think David Milliband will take his place, just in time for the election campaign"

Oh really, the man who thought that Brazil's government was in Rio, and has annoyed every government of every country he has ever "officially visited", good qualifications for a Labour Foreign Secretary.

Miliband won't stand as Leader to take the defeat that is about to befall the Labour party. The country is going to try to make sure that the defeat of this corrupt and useless government is remembered by all concerned for a very long time.

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You are right, Millipeed will be eyeing his options for 2014, he knows this one is a dead duck..