The Danish take

Tripped over this on another website

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155960

The source is here http://politiken.dk/indland/article695565.ece

The best line is:-
"The ambushes that are carried out by Danish soldiers in Helmand increases the security for the coalition soldier and demoralise Taliban", says defense minister Søren Gade.

He supports that the soldiers attacks the IED emplacers instead of trying to catch them:
"It may seem a bit violent and cynical, but we are at war and war is violent, people shoot at you and you shoot at people."

I just can not image a single member of the current regime saying anything close to this, any chance of swapping a few Ministers for this chap?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Good job, well done.

We should definately adopt those tactics.

The Afghans is totally caugt by surprise and don't get a chance too shoot back. The langauge officer describes one of the Danish soldiers, a machine-gunner(MG3): "the soldiers looked like a chaotic wargod as he sprayed out death in long burstes from his hip".
chaotic wargod, i couldn't care less if something is lost in translation here, it's funny as fu(c)k... Job well jobbed lads..

The Danes are nails!

pacestick said:
The Afghans is totally caugt by surprise and don't get a chance too shoot back. The langauge officer describes one of the Danish soldiers, a machine-gunner(MG3): "the soldiers looked like a chaotic wargod as he sprayed out death in long burstes from his hip".
chaotic wargod, i couldn't care less if something is lost in translation here, it's funny as fu(c)k... Job well jobbed lads..
Must have been a big lad, I wouldn't fancy firing an MG3 from the hip!

Didn't we call them reactive ops in NI?

Seemed to do the trick

More chaotic wargods, i say!

When allowed the Danes can be quite handy. Their Leo 2s took out a couple of Serb tanks the day the ROE changed in Bosnia. .....sudden evaporation of all road-blocks...

judging by the quality of grammar in the report, it's probably a very reliable source

(before you knock me for my grammar, i'm pissed and not a journo)

Kitmarlowe said:
pacestick said:
Must have been a big lad, I wouldn't fancy firing an MG3 from the hip!
Viking DNA, mate! :viking: