The Dangers of Facebook - IRA Christmas plot to shoot British soldier here is foiled

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JoeyDeacon, Dec 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The terrorists were understood to have already sourced a firearm to carry out the shooting of the soldier and identified when and where he was to be murdered.
    A member of the dissident republican group had also been detailed to target the soldier, who is in his 20s, with instructions to kill him.
    The Continuity IRA intended to strike as the soldier was attending a function in the city shortly before he returned to his army regiment.
    They learnt of his holiday plans when one of the thugs befriended the soldier on Facebook and monitored his posts over the past few months.

2. Cheers. I only read about that at dinner time. On Arrse...

3. Glad you take it seriously..never served fuckwit

4. That's everyone on here safe then.

I can hand on heart say that Sparky8 has served, and is still serving. As I know who he is.

You cock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm bricking it.

They'd better tidy up before they leave though.

6. The enemy wouldn't harm you sluggy.

They know what effect you have on morale.

• Like Like x 4
  7. She gave them her phone number they cry to sleep hearing 'Push the button' and wish they could.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is Mark Zuckerberg part of an "overarching Republican conspiracy"?...I think we should be told if he is.

9. I'm confused. Are these the bad Republicans who blow up children in Northern Ireland or the good Republicans who shoot children in America?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I'm amazed they found a real solder to facebook stalk when there must be 4000 balcony stormers on there at least.

can someone post them mike goldens latest details please? I've failed to follow his status.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Get****ed.

Take your parrot with you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike Golden? Yeah, I remember we was both in the Paras together. 'Golden', we used to call him in the Boat House. Hard as nails, that lad. I taught him everything he knows. That alone makes me a potential target for assassination.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

did you not get a written invite from the boat house colour selection commitee then?