The dangerous, divisive effect of being offended

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"The first written apple pie recipe goes back to 1381 in England". "It was printed by Geoffrey Chaucer and included apples, figs, raisins, pears and a pastry shell (but no sugar)".
I would eat that. Maybe get my daughter to bake it, being a recipient of the Baking Gene which all the women on my mother's side seem to have inherited.

What type of bread are you going to use?
Naan is safe, as long as you're Indo European.
Despite Indian claims, the word is the Persian generic term for bread, and was also the term used, surprisingly, in Hittite, long predating India as we know it.
Most flatbread are ancient, though I prefer Lavash to Chapati, and Khubs Libnani to Pitta.
Chinese Mandou or Baozi, steamed buns plain and filled respectively, are a phenomenon.
Cultural appropriation is ignorant and insulting, and if taken seriously denies us some very rich cultural, culinary, and even linguistic treasures.
No. Just... No.

Naan is safe, as long as you're Indo European.
Despite Indian claims, the word is the Persian generic term for bread, and was also the term used, surprisingly, in Hittite, long predating India as we know it.
Most flatbread are ancient, though I prefer Lavash to Chapati, and Khubs Libnani to Pitta.
Chinese Mandou or Baozi, steamed buns plain and filled respectively, are a phenomenon.
Cultural appropriation is ignorant and insulting, and if taken seriously denies us some very rich cultural, culinary, and even linguistic treasures.
No. Just... No.
Well you just upped the old “Wonder Bread” staple with your history lesson. I am offended and feel like my grocery store bakeries are lacking. Your opulent selection and access to carbs is racist and hateful to those of us who don’t get to partake.

Well you just upped the old “Wonder Bread” staple with your history lesson. I am offended and feel like my grocery store bakeries are lacking. Your opulent selection and access to carbs is racist and hateful to those of us who don’t get to partake.
Flour. Water. Sometimes yeast. Knock yourself out.

I made some hardtack a few years ago. Filling if a little robust. Table setting was knife, fork and clawhammer. Great for making windchimes but more of an emergency food (like dwarf bread).

Cer I'r Diawl.
There we go, in my native tongue.
When at the parental home, I couldn't get Chinese breads, so I learned to make them.

What type of bread are you going to use?
20210611_181101.png