The dangerous, divisive effect of being offended

No words.
Cretin. Apples originated in Central Asia, coming to Western Europe long, long ago.
Apple pie isn't an American invention.
He's the sort of idiot who cries 'cultural appropriation' at everything, then joins his brethren in taking credit for the achievements of the Meluhha, that splendid civilisation which inhabited the Indus Valley and beyond.
I trust he will now cease speaking English, wearing modern European clothing, using iron/steel, plastics, no chillies in his Indian cuisine...
You get the idea.

Cretin. Apples originated in Central Asia, coming to Western Europe long, long ago.
Apple pie isn't an American invention.
He's the sort of idiot who cries 'cultural appropriation' at everything, then joins his brethren in taking credit for the achievements of the Meluhha, that splendid civilisation which inhabited the Indus Valley and beyond.
I trust he will now cease speaking English, wearing modern European clothing, using iron/steel, plastics, no chillies in his Indian cuisine...
You get the idea.

"The first written apple pie recipe goes back to 1381 in England". "It was printed by Geoffrey Chaucer and included apples, figs, raisins, pears and a pastry shell (but no sugar)".

I've had pecan pie, it's no Angel Delight.

Herself makes it every Thanksgiving, it's so bogging even the dogs won't eat it and these hounds will eat their own puke.

Awol

LE
Hopefully society can do away with all the critical race theory b0ll0cks which is a US thing but also has the ultimate destination of racial segregation.

Different well meaning people have tried to convince me that all the mental policies in the US are required in the UK, including employment quotas by race which are needed apparently because workplaces, like the police, must reflect the communities that they serve. When I ask them whether that means white police for white communities and white hospitals for white people, apparently it doesn't and they never bring the subject up again.

Another US thing creeping into the UK is the obsession with "lived experience", previously known as unverified anecdotes. Thats another thing that needs a bullet in the neck.

The dangerous thing, ultimately, is that kids see all this woo and emperor's clothes dressed up as academia & being kids they want to say stupid stuff anyway. In the past they were moderated by their peers or people with their beat interests at heart. Now, they can be put on registers for wrong speak so you can't blame them for only speaking freely on encrypted, unmoderated foreign apps where there is no sense of right or wrong & the sort of crimes happening are serious.

I'm not a religious person & I like the separation of religion & state but if there is no mechanism for forgiveness then we're going to have a new society made of the damned & the few chosen.
Have you been away old chap, or have I just missed you?

Either way, it’s good to bump into you again.

Awol

LE
Once upon a time, and not all that long ago, if somebody called the police and reported somebody for swearing, the desk sergeant would have told them to f**k off.
I fully agree that us unwashed plebs shouldn’t be allowed to use any offensive words at all towards those in Public Service because obviously they deserve nothing less than our total respect, but I would defend my Anglo-Saxon right to use Anglo-Saxon curses to a scrote all the way to the High Court.

(As long as someone else was paying the lawyers, obviously).

Last edited:

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
You should try pecan pie, it is the one of the best. But hey in four months pumpkin pie will be legal again! I am offended by the four month wait though.

I'm offended that you like pumpkin.

The only vegetable that is so honking, they scoop out the insides and only use the skin.

No words.
I'm all for strict policing of cultural appropriation, I can't wait to see all the BLAME people in Europe having 99% of their possessions, food, clothing ,leisure activities and consumer goods taken away.

I'm offended that you like pumpkin.

The only vegetable that is so honking, they scoop out the insides and only use the skin.
I even like the seeds as well, which makes me twice as offensive. But the pie is a seasonal thing. I find it offensive that I have to also wait for pumpkin spice pancakes to come out in the fall.