The Danes are at it again.

Danes in fresh controversy over cartoons of Prophet Muhammad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6033075.stm

So once is possibly a bad judgement call but twice? Are they doing this for shite and giggles or is there a deeper agenda at work here.

Considering the catoons in question wee produced by the "youth wing" of the local equivalent of the BNP, I'd say that the answer is pretty obvious.

What the hell are they doing? It's their right so they can, but that doesn't mean they should.

[align=center]Europe falling into a nationalist and rather racist ditch so to speak....only going to get worse![/align]

G_D_Q_D_G said:
[align=center]Europe falling into a nationalist and rather racist ditch so to speak....only going to get worse![/align]
Call me old fashioned but this is Europe waking up to the fact that multi-culturism and large-scale immigration is destroying the very fabric of Europe. This Danish incident is just a very unpleasant symptom of the problem, and not the disease itself.

Sermon over.

Seems to me that we are finally waking up to the reality of Islamofacism. The Danes are right to draw whatever cartoons they wish. It's called freedom of expression... you remember that don't you? We had it in England once till Neue Arbeit destroyed our democracy in the name of diversity and "Tolerance"

There is a storm coming and certain religious types will reap the whirlwind unless they change their ways.

I agree with Warrior Poet...I'm sure that's mentioned in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the Apocolypse!
Seriously; I think a back-lash against the intolerance of certain sections of the Muslim comunity is inevitable.

All of you are evil racists, diversity is the way forward, cant you see your western ideals and Zionist pro american policies bring jihad and terrorism to your doorstep........

is what I would say if I were a lefy facist England hating tw@t

What I find far more worrying is that this was videoed, and then publicised by an 'agent provocateur' from a left-wing organisation who had joined Dansk Folkeparti (Danish Peoples Party) purely to cause controversy.

As if there hadn't been enough trouble with the cartoons!

It may not have been in the best of taste, but it happened at a private party for the Youth group of the Danish Peoples Party, and as such wasn't intended as a provocation to the Muslim world.

Left-wing lunatics here: http://www.defendingdenmark.com/

An earlier poster compared DF to the BNP which is perhaps a tad unfair, read more about them here:

http://www.danskfolkeparti.dk/sw/frontend/show.asp?parent=3293&menu_parent=&layout=0

Yet more controversy today, as someone has now discovered a book review in the May edition of Dansk Folkeblad (Danish People's Party's magazine) where Mohammed is portrayed as a paedophile.

Link to magazine here(it's a PDF file, the offending article is on page 26):

http://81.19.224.130/cgi-files/mdmgfx/file-53-24609-10087.pdf

Please note, the magazine is in Danish!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Biscuits_Brown said:
Considering the catoons in question wee produced by the "youth wing" of the local equivalent of the BNP, I'd say that the answer is pretty obvious.
I'd just like to quote this as a top example of an Absolute Bollocks Post.
Unresearched, it is couched in terms to suggest that the answer should be obvious to all who are as informed as the poster.

From where did you get your gen on the Danske Folkeparti BB ?

De Radikale (equivalent of the Liberal Democrats) have also been in the news for something similar, but they were lucky in that no crazies were there to video it!

Article in The Copenhagen Post

http://www.cphpost.dk/get/98484.html

Taking a stand on every offensive cartoon about Islam would prove an overwhelming task, says the foreign minister

Foreign policy cannot be dictated by random websites, according the minister of foreign affairs, Per Stig Møller, Thursday.

The statement came as his ministry unveiled its ambitious plan to promote Denmark abroad as a place of openness, but the simmering crisis initiated by the youth organisation of the Danish People's Party (DF) nearly overshadowed Møller's message of tolerance.

Møller reiterated Denmark's respect for religion and distanced himself from attempts to discredit Islam.

He evaded questions, however, as to why PM Anders Fogh Rasmussen lashed out Sunday at DF's youth organisation for cartoons ridiculing the prophet Mohammed, but failed to address another disparaging cartoon published in party's member magazine.

DF provides the Liberal-Conservative government with its parliamentary majority on a number of issues.

Møller followed Rasmussen's silent lead and refused to directly acknowledge the cartoon, first published this spring. The cartoon, which depicted the prophet as a paedophile, reappeared on the party's homepage last Wednesday.

'We should learn by now,' said Møller, 'that videos, blogs, chatrooms and drawings - including ones about the prophet Mohammed - flourish on the internet, in books and the media landscape.'

'It's simply impossible to deal with these developments by commenting on every example. The government can't do that, and the government won't do that.'

Tartan_Terrier wrote:
Mohammed is portrayed as a paedophile.

They've arguably got a point if referring to the age of muslim brides.
Were English brides really of a more respectable age, in times of yore when childbirth often lead to death, children often died in infancy and life expectancy was late 20s/early 30s?

Mind you, the age of consent appears to be reducing year by year looking at some of the Vicky Pollard slappers you see in the UK!

MrPVRd said:
Tartan_Terrier wrote:
Mohammed is portrayed as a paedophile.

They've arguably got a point if referring to the age of muslim brides.
Were English brides really of a more respectable age, in times of yore when childbirth often lead to death, children often died in infancy and life expectancy was late 20s/early 30s?

Mind you, the age of consent appears to be reducing year by year looking at some of the Vicky Pollard slappers you see in the UK!
Hm maybe they were a little more aware of what they were up to, being 52 and marring a 6 year old , that’s a good idea though, really pump out them kids! But would it not be slightly more advantageous to wait till your bride is out of infancy herself?

I understand that, this is indispute.

Wiki Ref