The Daily Politics: What’s it for?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SwissBob, Feb 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies for the late introduction on the forum, getting the site up and the content into shape has been time consuming and a little obsessive-compulsive.

The Daily Politics was originally a blog I edited and wrote over the last year and through that I was introduced to Olive Net. The site has been completely redeveloped with their excellent help, with a look and feel of a newspaper site to simplify navigation to the additional content.

The primary requirement of any business is to generate revenue so there is a commercial aspect to this proposition, but that’s all it is at the moment, a proposition. I’m doing this because I enjoy it and I hope that you will find some of what we publish to be informative and entertaining and maybe take part.

And that’s what it’s all about, to provide entertainment and news. So don’t take all the (non military) headlines that seriously, read the content, and all I’d say is that no matter how outrageous the headlines I’ve created in the past have appeared to be, I often find that they are closer to the truth than I’d imagined.

For those of you that write or blog please consider contributing to the site, I’ll consider all sane submissions; politics is irrelevant as long as you can argue your corner. Military writers would be appreciated. You can also assist in editing, there are plenty of sections, ‘business’, ‘sport’ etc that could use their own editor, we also have a massive picture library and that could use some management.

Feedback is also appreciated, Olive Net members make up a sizable section of the readers at the moment so feel free to comment, the policy is 'liberal'.

Clark L Gilbert
    The Daily Politics

2. Love it!