The Daily Mail

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mia123, Jul 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you consider this a reliable news source ?

I bet you dont lol..just asking :cyclopsani:

Where do you get your trusted reliable news from ??

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Arrse!

3. You have your own news channel and paper ?? wow

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Read the threads - we do indeed have up-to-the-minute updates and feeds on all matters from international diplomacy to feltching techniques. No other news outlet has the range or depth.

5. No single media source is reliable. If you read/watch them all (or as many as possible) you might just get a general idea of what's really happening.

6. my mums friend whos been drinking at the pub all day, cracking source for top intel/G2

7. NAAFI cleaners. They seem to know everything.

8. Rely on at least three sources.

Ensure that one of them is not a freebie newspaper picked up from the floor of the tube train while you are stuck between stations 'owing to an earlier incident'.

They are crepe and fit only for mopping up kebab fat.

For defence stories (and filth) this site has been ahead of the curve for a few years now.

9. Reliable news? In a newspaper? I just buy it for the tits and Hagar the Horrible.

10. The Mail? Bag of shite that rag. If i want to know what the hell is going on i jump into a London cab. The cabbies know everything. It's a fact.

11. Rarely the daily hate may have a syndicated article worth considering, between the outrage bus articles but that is generally rarer than rocking horse shite

12. The Daily Shemale is one of the most unreliable, it just filled with squawky middle England fright stories. Most of the rags are just recycling AP and Reuters copy or regurgitating PR. Even the big US papers of record, WaPo and the NYT have become unreliable messengers. Twitter has not helped, deluded journos just seem to be hanging of its feeds.

You want to know what's going on in the world you might subscribe to Stratfor or just read stuff raw from the reputable think tanks.

13. No doubt about it.

14. The Daily Mail is similar to the Daily Sport, just not as well researched.

My opinions are my own and I'm aware that ARRSE does not support Mailophobic comments.

15. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Not quite a news channel or journal, but otherwise that is a lot closer to the truth then you might realise.

At least two high profile journalists post on here, and are openly known about, some post pseudo-anonymously and a lot of others lurk.

Mostly it is to gauge opinion, but some stories have originated form here as well.