The Daily Mail, Express and Soaraway Stun under attack

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Themanwho, Jan 10, 2018.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. It’s part of an insidious campaign to censor the media by the filthy reds

63 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. It’s legitimate to criticise the fascist scum, and anything goes .

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. The Mail is a hateful rag that loves the Nazis – hooray for the redshirts!

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Will this affect my mortgage?

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Page 3 is a cultural icon and should have a preservation order on it

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. I detest your choice of news rag, but I'll defend to the death your choice to read it

32 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. So is the poor, persecuted middle-aged white man being murdered in his bed yet or is this just snowflakery of the highest order?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. "White male" has gone from a description into a denunciation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. No, it's gone into a synonym for 'embarrassing wet-pants'.

We're talking of an organ which described the drop in the male population of the May Cabinet from 89 to 82 as "the massacre of the middle-aged men." How utterly, cringingly pathetic that would be if the blatancy of the lie wasn't so vast.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sorry, but where was "white" in that description?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ha ha! ******* priceless!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yeah, you know when you genuinely don’t know whether to laugh or cry? It was one of those moments.

I wish I had the time (or could afford the pay cut) to get properly involved in politics. That’s probably the problem- the pool from which politicians are drawn is not one which swarms with normal people.

If I was PM I’d basically appoint half of Arrse as the Cabinet.

Admittedly, their first task would be to hunt down and incarcerate the other half of Arrse

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. You'll never take me alive, Spec-op. I'll beat you by using my power of badly remembered Morse!

• Like Like x 1
  8. NSP

NSP LE

...---...?

9. I know what that means.

TEA.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. NSP

NSP LE

No need to shout about it. Just go and put the kettle on, no bother.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. If the answer isn’t “tea”, it’s a silly question.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. The accompanying photos. She now has a mere 111 white people in her cabinet, against the previous lofty heights of 113.

The Times headline was worse, in fairness: “White men booted out in May’s push for women and minorities”.

Guess which demographic both authors were from.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You omitted the "New Cure for...." headline. At least once a week they report on a groundbreaking treatment for some disease or other. Generally research has just started and the results will be known in 2145 or similar.

14. Some bloke once did a look at 5 years of the express and mail.
    He listed all the things they said are good for you, and bad for you.
    At the end, he tallied it all up - and almost all of the items listed were on BOTH lists!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Interesting piece here from Spiked on the Daily Mail/Branson furore:

"For today’s finger-wagging moralists, Good and Evil are no longer represented by God and Satan, or Heaven and Hell, but by the NHS and the Daily Mail....

When religious-minded people seek to ban things, it’s not just because of the perceived malign effect they might have – it’s because they merely exist. For people of a religious mindset, Evil in this world cannot be tolerated; it must be wiped out, lest its contagion spread. It’s not enough to decide not to read the Daily Mail. It’s not even enough to avert one’s eyes from its front cover. It must be banished, lest its voodoo powers seep unchecked from its pages."

Why the left loathes the Daily Mail

• Like Like x 3