The Da Vinci Code sequel

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by box-of-frogs, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know when the sequel to Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" is due out? Quite enjoyed the first few books for their easy to read style. Cheers!

2. Last I heard was a couple of years ago; it was supposed to be about the Masons.

3. I thought someone said it was due to be out early this year. Not heard anything yet. Maybe the free masons have gagged him somehow! :wink:

4. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! :frustrated:

How dare you beat me to it, sir! You shall be hung under Blackfrier's Bridge! :twisted:

5. Why would you set a publishing date and not tell anyone???? Unless the book is shite??.......

6. The thing about Brown's novels is: the fun is trying to work out the secret before the main charectors. I've never re-read one of his books. I just would'nt see the point.

I will be getting The Solomon Key when it comes out, though.

7. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to buy 'The Shakespeare Secret' (J.L. Carrell). I did, thinking it might have some of the quality of Brown's book.

It doesn't. Formula (the wrong one) plot (rubbish) characterisation (weak). It's a prime example of what might well happen when a would-be but rotten storyteller takes a US college course in fiction writing, probably taught by a red-top journalist.