The Da Vinci Code sequel

box-of-frogs said:
Does anyone know when the sequel to Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" is due out? Quite enjoyed the first few books for their easy to read style. Cheers!
Last I heard was a couple of years ago; it was supposed to be about the Masons.

FrankCastle said:
box-of-frogs said:
Does anyone know when the sequel to Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" is due out? Quite enjoyed the first few books for their easy to read style. Cheers!
Last I heard was a couple of years ago; it was supposed to be about the Masons.
I thought someone said it was due to be out early this year. Not heard anything yet. Maybe the free masons have gagged him somehow! :wink:

The thing about Brown's novels is: the fun is trying to work out the secret before the main charectors. I've never re-read one of his books. I just would'nt see the point.

I will be getting The Solomon Key when it comes out, though.

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to buy 'The Shakespeare Secret' (J.L. Carrell). I did, thinking it might have some of the quality of Brown's book.

It doesn't. Formula (the wrong one) plot (rubbish) characterisation (weak). It's a prime example of what might well happen when a would-be but rotten storyteller takes a US college course in fiction writing, probably taught by a red-top journalist.

Latest Threads