The Czech's get new Bren guns

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by thecoops, Sep 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Look like the Czech's are getting new shooters made by Bren shame they got waltsofters to do the video

CZ 805 BREN A1/A2 - YouTube
  2. its a copy of the FN-scar. same old stoner bolt in a g-36 clone carrier in a one piece upper with synthetic stantag lower.
    all part of firearms evolution, copy the best bits off other designs and put them together to suit your own manufacturing machinery and requirements.

clever of them to cash in on the BREN name and fame though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Follow the Youtube link to the where some fat bloke demonstrates stuff like the 40mm and the suppressor. Then wonder why a second world country like Czech can produce a gat 10 times better than the Shit80.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Looks **** all like a Bren!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. A new one??? What was wrong with the old one???

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  6. That sir is a ******* LMG, get a grip (OK probably a BREN modded to take 7.62 but not in the UK, that still makes it a LMG in my book)

Mine had 'BREN 1942' crossed out and 'LMG 195?' written underneath
  7. Johnson's bolt; Stoner did the direct gas impingement bit. Hence Armalite could still use the bolt in the AR-18, with a gas piston, after selling the AR-15 rights to Colt. The bolt's patents were long expired and every man and his dog could use it without paying royalties.

Ain't that the truth. You'd be stupid not to.
    The word 'best' is open to creative interpretation, though. In some cases, best = cheapest.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I work for a living young man, The curvature of the magazine already states that its LMG.

One for you!!:thumright:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. yep, stoner got the idea from Johnson, when i say 'stoner bolt' i mean the way everyone since has copied stoners dimensions and camming system in the carrier almost millimeter for micrometer.

and the gas impingment system was nothing new,
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I've got one of them down in the garage the boy sent it back from Hong Kong courtosy of the Post Office.
    It don't half rattle through BB's
  11. Looks suspiciously like a Bren to me ... straight mag, sights with the wheel to adjust ...
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

shouldnt it be the BAECZ and cost £9000 ea?

the czechs do know how to make guns though. I know when they joined nato they didnt upgrade because their own soviet era kit was more than up to the tasks at hand.

hopefully we can get some decent kit soon but I wont hold my breath
  13. I'm getting all nostalgic here, got a photo of an early 80's fire team anywhere?