The Cycle of Death

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chief_Joseph, Dec 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've always found this strange, but it always seems as though famous people die in groups. Right now it's Saddam, Ford, and James Brown. But it seems like when someone famous crokes, 2 more join in almost immediately. Is this phenomenon my imagination.

2. Yes. it is in your mind. People die throughout the year, not in spurts.

In the winter the cold gets them in the summer its the heat.

Although there is something to the fact that old codgers will hang on for christmas with the family and then cop it when they cant be bothered to have reheated turkey for the rest of the month.

3. No, it's not. They always croack it in threes. IIRC Desmond Lywellin (Q) died around the same toime as Joe Strummer and some other bloke.

And it happened a few other times (the famous dieing in threes) it's an odd but true pehnomena.

<X-Files music rings out>

4. And Charlie Drake!

A couple of deaths that I did find peculiar though:

Don Knotts

Died 24th February 2006.

&

Darren McGavin

Died 25th February 2006.

They both appeared (as partners in crime) in this movie:

No Deposit, No Return

Surely a conspiracy for them to die a mere day apart? Can SLR Boy, French Mong & Bugsy please explain why these octagenarians happened to croak within a day of each other? :?

PS - the girl star of the movie is none other than the aunt of celebrity slapper, Paris Hilton!:

Kim Richards

5. Anyone fancy starting a deadpool? No money involved but just for fun.

6. Purple foot writes:
    "Surely a conspiracy for them to die a mere day apart? Can SLR Boy, French Mong & Bugsy please explain why these octagenarians happened to croak within a day of each other?"

Only too happy to oblige.
    In the back of the Marvel Comics you read you will find an advert for X ray specs.
    Send away for a pair and wear them when examining any conspiracy that's troubling you. You will find that you can see right through to the heart of any conspiracy which will help you not get fooled again as you were by WMD.

They are marvelous value for money but for security reasons the goverment wont let Specsavers stock them.
    Now as Pete would say to Dud: "F'uck off you little s'hit and stop bothering me."

7. There are some worrying parallels with 'The Dad's Army Curse'.

Practically none of them are still alive!

8. who was the third when lady di and mother theresa passed on then?

9. Nodded off a bit there CRmCR? Easy peasy - Dodo Dodi Fayed.

10. mmmmm.... 'fantasy celeb death', can that include politico's?

I bagsy BLiar, Chubs Prescott and tax em to the hilt Brown!!

11. Mo Mowlem

12. almost a decade apart there oracle...

ORC - thought the rule was they had to be famous BEFORE they died :)

13. Absolutely correct - can I suggest Henri Paul as the alternative?