The cuts really bite - the coffee machines are switched off in Main Building!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jim30, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent. Now will we see the massed ranks of the civil serpents protest at the capability holiday, while battered Stanley Aladdins are pulled out of briefcases?

2. Am I missing something? Usually to get something out of a vending machine, you have to put money into it. How can getting rid of a money maker be a way of saving?

3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

With PFI vending machines, you'll probably finds the MOD makes an enormous loss on them.

4. I think no one used them as they were so vile! In other words, Amey was running a loss, so in an effort to improve their bottom line, they shut down the machines and dressed it up as a savings measure...

5. Because of delays, palm greasing and general incompetence each drink cost the tax payer £32.84. The Rear Chief Vice Marshall in charge of getting a few vending machines has since retired and is now a director of the Acme Vending Machine Co. His children did very well at their expensive school and he has bought his golf handicap down a bit.

In 20 years time MoD civil servants will win a class action against the MoD for a myriad of illness caused by exposure to the drinks.

6. How odd. We're just about to lose our wall mounted water boiler to be replaced by a 40p a brew klix machine.

7. The armed forces give up carriers, CAS assets, tactical nuclear weapons, regiments of blokes and The MOD give up... Coffee.

Well fcuk me sideways the cuts really are working. All bow before King Cameron and Queen Clegg.

8. Brotherton Lad

9. I bet Hitler, residing in Hell, is wondering how the buggering buggery he lost!

10. Brotherton Lad

He lost by not having enough summer for Barbarossa and we 'kept calm and carried on, dear'. Cup o' char, anyone?

11. As long as the char doesn't come from one of those bloody machines in MB..., mine is NATO, ta!

Lits

12. Brotherton Lad

No, pukka stuff. Two-handled teapot from Fag Ash Lil in a hair net with a trolley, innit.

• Like Like x 1