The curse of the single sausage

Oops

War Hero
As alien as the theme of this thread is to a Civvy with a dedicated freezer full of his home grown and linked porcine products, may I offer a few observations.
A. Scousers, Hmm.
There's a 'Southport' thread all of its own some way back....
Scousers they are not, only footballery types and other ' Entrepreneurs' maybe, there's more Polaks and Romanians than Scousers inhabit the place.

B. Conservative MP.....Scousers ... Y'reckon?

C. Embassy Chippy...
You'll notice the name of the Business Empire's name above the door...
Rolls Royces don't run emselves y'know.
Sadly past its peak from when the Town's two major nightclubs were uphill from it, but they're still managing to earn a crust from the 'leisure industry' the Jocks in particular still maintain it to be.
D. Deffo more to the story, if the Echo say owt, assume one of their reporters might've heard something on twatter two weeks ago and is under pressure to write summat for their work placement quota.

Finally E.
Saveloy, WT actual F is a Saveloy?

That's about as credible as chips'n'gravy in Notting Hill,
@JackSofty you'll be telling us they do pie barms and peas next.
( Look em up, food of the Gods)

Eta.
You don't need two sausages if you make em yerself!
Chippys here do offer a choice of large or small, having seen the ingredient slurry that's pumped in em in the raw, I'd rather not thx. awfully.

I certainly like the one's a Morrisons, slightly more expensive but you get Two days rations out of that
The ones they served in the cafe were the best. They weren't sold in the shop though and they wouldn't say who supplied them.

They used to be sold in Middlesbrough chippies when I was a kid. Nobody bought them though. They were just used as a colourful decoration.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
This sort of thing brings empires down. One week a free sausage, the next... the fall of Rome.

Is that what you want? 'Cause that's what'll happen!
You are correct, in the words of a famous World War General,
“Never poo poo a missing sausage”..

The owner of the Embassy Takeaway, Southport also needs his cnut kicking-in for being an ocean-going, industrial-strength, nuclear-powered, weapons-grade, Olympic-sized, gold-standard, league-champion **** pig. One ******* sausage? ACC Valhalla awaits you!
It was out of the owners hands unfortunately. He didn't want to sack his longest serving (ever) best at customer service employee...
I've never had any issues before here. The customers loved me and I was good at customer service. I thought I was appreciated in my job.

... but according to one of the local commentators (wot noes stuff)
No good deed goes unpunished, especially in Tory Britain.

Good to see our Ambassador to Southport has refrained from comment though...
The Embassy was approached for comment but did not respond.
...Can’t have Diplomats undermining the current cruel Tory policy of
'No good deed goes unpunished'

Hmm. Theft Employee. I would like to have seen that get to court. Wouldn't even get past the Custody Sgt. At the very very most it would have been dealt with by way of a 'Police Caution'. I would have told the employers that it 'was not in the public interest to prosecute' but it would be recorded as a crime. (And don't bother us with such shit again)
Check you out Judge Pickles.

Dr Death

War Hero
Sophie excited to be on arrse.
1594371918132.png

DTHP is after this northern babe to show her the glitter of the south?

Finally E.

@JackSofty you'll be telling us they do pie barms and peas next.
( Look em up, food of the Gods)
Ooh... pie barm (salivate)! Something this Northerner-in-exile misses! Cannot disagree with you there!
Saveloy has a contentious etymology. Is it Swiss French for fried pigs' brains or just a regionally named, spiced sausage from Italian Savoy?

Ps. Some years ago the pubs around stopped serving mushy peas with fish & chips, substituting squished and 'minted' crud instead.
Should Her Ladyship have a hankering for battered haddock (fnarrr!) with a few pints, I am dispached to the shops for a can of Batchelors to present to the cook.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
This sort of thing brings empires down. One week a free sausage, the next... the fall of Rome.

Is that what you want? 'Cause that's what'll happen!
BuckFelize, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about food? ... He said "Food is too important to be left to the cooks." When he said that, fifty years ago, he may have been right. But today food is too important to be left to the politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Conservative infiltration, Conservative indoctrination, Conservative subversion, and the international Conservative conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

Truxx

LE
Thank god she wasn't black or we would never have heard the last of it.
Dachshunds being thrown into the canals, butchers shops looted and burnt.
Demands that we only eat Black Pudding. White puddings removed from supermarket shelfs.
Pudding of colour, please.

View attachment 488544
The grey sludge between my ears has been trying to work out the meaning of DTHP.
Bunged it into an acronym search and came up with:
Dog Teri Hatcher picture (???!!).
Deficit Horse Power Thrust (???!!).
Displaced Tenant Housing Preference (?).
The excuse for a mind boggles.

I may google the first...

Dr Death

War Hero
DTHP = D
The grey sludge between my ears has been trying to work out the meaning of DTHP.
Bunged it into an acronym search and came up with:
Dog Teri Hatcher picture (???!!).
Deficit Horse Power Thrust (???!!).
Displaced Tenant Housing Preference (?).
The excuse for a mind boggles.

I may google the first...

DTHP = Don't Tell Him Pike - simples

1982 . Active Edge. Cook house breakfast. Regimental 2I/C lurking behind the hot plate reaches in, snaffles a snorker from the tray and scoffs it

We deploy to our crash out area and we are eventually stood down and return to barracks.

On the 2I/Cs desk is a bill for one sausage.
Just out of interest, wasn’t it the OOD‘s job to sample the food on an occasional basis? ;)

View attachment 488544
That picture is weird, it's like two slugs have stopped for a rest above her eyeys. Also that's some size of blister on her lips - maybe it's a cold sore, who knows? Still I'm sure there's a few arrser's that would give her their own saveloy to suck on.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to refer to my (at the time) local chinky as 'the Nigerian Embassy' as it seemed to attract random Fergals, who could often be seen loitering outside it at odd hours... almost as if they'd been told to go there.

Given that this establishment is blatantly called The Embassy, it would come as no surprise to discover that the unfortunate former emoloyee had tumbled someone's perfidious scheme and paid the price. This sordid episode warrants further investigation. I wonder if the 'chippy' is on TripAdvisor?

Edit: It is... and someone's beaten me to it. Bah!

Trip Advisor

Latest Threads