The curse of the single sausage

Meddling do-gooder gave a homeless oik a free sausage because he only had enough (£4.10) for chips and curry.

Good news is, she got sacked

To be fair to the company, it was not her sausage to give away - so she basically stole from her employers. She's lucky they never pressed charges and she was in court for theft. If the company hadn't sacked her - it would have sent out the message to the other employees that it was OK to steal.

Justice was served and she got away lightly. If a homeless guy can afford £4.10 for chips and curry - he could have spent his money more wisely. He could have bought an entire cooked chicken from ALDi for that - and had enough money left over for some food the next day as well.

To be fair to the company, it was not her sausage to give away - so she basically stole from her employers. She's lucky they never pressed charges and she was in court for theft. If the company hadn't sacked her - it would have sent out the message to the other employees that it was OK to steal.

Justice was served and she got away lightly. If a homeless guy can afford £4.10 for chips and curry - he could have spent his money more wisely. He could have bought an entire cooked chicken from ALDi for that - and had enough money left over for some food the next day as well.
This was posted in the NAAFI, not the Military Discipline forum. Did an ACC/RLC slop-jockey give you one extraneous sausage?

so she basically stole from her employers. She's lucky they never pressed charges and she was in court for theft.
Hmm. Theft Employee. I would like to have seen that get to court. Wouldn't even get past the Custody Sgt. At the very very most it would have been dealt with by way of a 'Police Caution'. I would have told the employers that it 'was not in the public interest to prosecute' but it would be recorded as a crime. (And don't bother us with such shit again)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
if she put it down as a waste item due to being time expired then it wasn't theft just selective disposal.

although I'm not sure chippys ever throw anything away so they stay under the lamps or in the fridge until they are sold.

Yokel

LE
What does a homeless person need a sausage for ?

Sitting on a pissed mattress outside Poundland with a dog on a bit of string isn't hard work.
To act as bait for @TheAssassin - who seems to have a sausage obsession. Is he expressing a concern that he has been short changed in terms of phallic length, or is he expressing a secret yearning to satisfy his mouth with a veiny treat?

The sausage squandering bitch needs transporting to the colonies right now... or immediately. That said, her benevolent intentions are laudable and she should be commended for her actions.

The owner of the Embassy Takeaway, Southport also needs his cnut kicking-in for being an ocean-going, industrial-strength, nuclear-powered, weapons-grade, Olympic-sized, gold-standard, league-champion fuck pig. One fucking sausage? ACC Valhalla awaits you! That said, nobody became successful by being an easy touch. Brutality is often a necessary evil. Well done that man... you cnut.

Last edited:
All very curious. She charged the homeless man £4.10 for chips and curry sauce yet the price board shows chips as being £1.90 - £2.70 and curry sauce another 99p. A small sausage is 99p.

The bloke could have had a sausage, chips and curry sauce for £3.88.

Perhaps she was sacked following a complaint from the homeless man that he was being overcharged and she was pocketing the excess.

JackSofty

War Hero
Meddling do-gooder gave a homeless oik a free sausage because he only had enough (£4.10) for chips and curry.

Good news is, she got sacked

Hmmmm... There appears to be much unsaid in this story including:

a/. Why is a kitchen assistant having any dealings with the public?

b/. Why is a kitchen assistant handling money?

I smell a rat and not only those minced to bulk out the savaloys!!

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

All very curious. She charged the homeless man £4.10 for chips and curry sauce yet the price board shows chips as being £1.90 - £2.70 and curry sauce another 99p. A small sausage is 99p.

The bloke could have had a sausage, chips and curry sauce for £3.88.

Perhaps she was sacked following a complaint from the homeless man that he was being overcharged and she was pocketing the excess.
Jings, you should change your username to Sherlock - or get a job with the CID.

This sort of thing brings empires down. One week a free sausage, the next... the fall of Rome.

Is that what you want? 'Cause that's what'll happen!

JackSofty

War Hero
I was very much of the same mind but I did not the do the research that you had.
Here in expensive Notting Hill, chips & gravy/curry sauce costs £2.75.

In Scouseland, these chaps must be coining it in from the p*ssed up d*cks and moneyed up drug dealers.

As soon as I am in funds, I am buying a chippy up there and I'll just employ illegals (Plenty around the Mersey..oooh! There's a song in that) who will not whine & bitch. Minted!

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

To act as bait for @TheAssassin - who seems to have a sausage obsession. Is he expressing a concern that he has been short changed in terms of phallic length, or is he expressing a secret yearning to satisfy his mouth with a veiny treat?
My outrage is that a "homeless" person had money for food rather than eat from bins or what is discarded on the pavement. And then an entitled do-gooder gives away someone else's food to them. £4.10 is a rip-off for chips and curry at the best of times, and that meal will be discharged onto the streets, because it is eaten by a "homeless" person, without a toilet facility.

Hmmmm... There appears to be much unsaid in this story including:

a/. Why is a kitchen assistant having any dealings with the public?

b/. Why is a kitchen assistant handling money?

I smell a rat and not only those minced to bulk out the savaloys!!
"Kitchen assistant" is a vague term. It could cover ...

"Kitchen porter" Someone who cleans pots, pans , plates and mops floors

"Catering Assistant" Someone who might or might not do the above but will be involved in lots of food prep

"Counter Assistant" Someone who serves food and asks "You want salt or vinegar or a free sausage?"

Could be that the reporter of the Liverpool Echo is

A) Middle class and therefore is ignorant of job classification and terminology

B) Is a working class scouser so has no knowledge of work whatsoever

We also have little knowledge of the quality of the sausage so the homeless bloke might be a victim of a sadistic crime rather than being patronised by a bleeding heart. Considering some Scouse voters were happy to have Esther McVile as their MP it's probably not a region known for mercy or kindness

A 'working' class scouser, do they exist

Or are you counting prostitutes and drug dealers?

More likely sacked for gross misconduct after the boss told of her in day one “absolutely no freebies or you are out!”. Seems straight forward to me.

With riots on the streets, political turmoil, social unrest and an economy in free fall, it was only a matter of time until something heinous like this happened.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Just to add some confusion to the thread title: ‘The curse of the single sausage’. If you go into a chip shop in Glasgow and ask for a “single sausage”, you’ll get two!

Latest Threads