The currant bun appologises to prisoner abuse squadie

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Jan 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help, i need some oxygen. 8O The sun have finally had the balls (or have been told to by lawyers) to appologise to a squaddie who's picture they printed in an article about the court0martial for prisoner abuse in iraq. The soldier in question is completely innocent and his picture was supplied by mistake from a "reliable source",,2-2005031103,00.html
  2. maybe if they didn't print that sh*t in the first place...... :evil:
  3. Oh dearie, dearie me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope Sgt Kenyon has a good lawyer and didn't agree to the Sun's apology, because they will be paying out big-time for negligently associating him with accusations of criminal conduct. 'Good faith' my arrse, lazy useless tossers on their picture desk. Ho ho ho!
  4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

That would be the usual RMP touts then....
  5. Hope he sues their arrses off.
  6. Possibly an old copy of the regimental mag which had a caption naming W Kenyon?

Maybe it just didnt occur to the Sun's "military experts" that the photographed Kenyon might just have been promoted in the intervening period?

'Fact-checking' at its most careless, and utterly thoughtless towards the troops who the currant bun claims to support. I hope he screws the b*stards.
  7. Sue them Wayne, you know it makes sense :D
  8. erm not to mention the damage this has done to the image of the british army. if the British army were a civilian company they could sue the sun for damages.

the sun sucks.

9. Chimera

Will there be some supporting evidence for that allegation ?
  10. RTFQ

Why bother? the RMP never need any... :wink: :wink:
  11. Why officer? Are you going to try and nick all of us?
  12. ...over the internet? :D
  13. Touched a raw nerve ducky?